Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

In the "I 'tougt I tought a putty cat" category...

I was loading a flight in the Realair piston Duke for P3D Sean Mooney so graciously preserved for us former Duke and FSX/Duke owners like I was, now that I fly P3DV4 instead.

I went to start the situation (my situation files are linked to P3DV4 so a double click loads them), and I got an error message saying the visual file was not found, and although P3DV4 loaded it was to just a full window on the scenery, with no gauges, VC, aircraft in spot view...  Nada...

And other aircraft I tried to load met the same fate even though they were in the aircraft drop down list, the Dukes no longer were.

I backed out to examine the proggie and Simobjects/Airplanes folder, no more Duke...

But the legacy site is still there, I reloaded the Duke, entered my personals and was fine after that....

I do not quite know what happened.  I am in my late 50's and though not senile, I keep mentally active and you know how that taxes young and old, so I could have absent minded deleted the Duke to preserve disk space.  But what am I talking about?  I normally do not delete what I still think is arguably the best add-on on the planet for any sim, a model of a classic and loved aircraft, and so on and so on and so on...

So in addition to my real cat Rosie, napping away in dreamland, the other putty cat is restored.  If I was not the culprit, any ideas to prevent this from happening in the future i.e. has it happened to any P3DV4.4 members before?

Signing off for the night...

Heya John, 

On my P3dV4.4 installation the RealAir aircraft are loaded into \me\Documents\Prepar3D V4 Add-ons.

Each RealAir aircraft has it's down directory, which includes its own SimOjbects. This is "apparently" the new way to load stuff into Prepar3D and is used by Vertx, RealAir, A2A, GodZone, and 29Palms, although it can be frustrating. Addit Pro!, for instance, does not recognize anything that is not in the main P3D folder.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

You should fly the runway 16 approach into Portsmouth, NH.   Its relative to the title of your post 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg