Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Falcon Aggressor

I know that many consider DCS superior in the graphics department, but with the latest additions (PBR, reflections, particles, clouds, etc) X-Plane is not far behind ... Especially when combined with nice Orthos as here.

• Like 1

***Viper in Her Environment *** 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Very nice, I just bought it the other day, love the power, sound...and the smell of jet fuel in the morning.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Really nice.

Which aircraft is this? Could you provide a link to the x-plane.org store, or wherever it's from?

Really looking forward to the DCS release, but I may not be around when that finally happens. (Who's getting the F-14?)

Thanks

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I like the Mig's I bought for Xplane11.  Only military aircraft I ever bought for a sim, mainly because I have seen the Mig 15/17 at civilian air shows in the US around Phoenix, which gives them new life as aircraft of entertainment, since so many were never used in actual combat after the Korean conflict.  I liked the F86's look too from that era, but there was something about the Meig's tail assembly I liked more from a visual standpoint.  Without these military jets working the kinks out of jet aviation, civilian jet transport would have never taken off.

As for the F16, still my fav US jet in the looks department, although sadly it was not as inexpensive to outfit our Air Force with them as they hoped back in the 70's, I still like the line from Independence Day "$50,000 for a toilet seat" or whatever the amount was that Judd Hirsch said in that film.  But I am not harping on the military, it is not their issue alone, since I also know the school systems in the US well with my teaching background, and they pay exorbitant costs for things like pencils, computers, etc just so certain brands can get their foot in the door.

Finally, back to Military aircraft, I love the L39 Albatross because I've seen it perform with pax aboard in airshows around Phoenix too.  They are not so loud that you cannot walk up close to the runway, as close as is allowed in airshows, and enjoy their throaty roar and that of the other military aircraft on display.  But hands down fav, even over the Mustang, is watching the P38 taxi by and take off.  During my last air show we had a fly by of an F16, a F86, a P38 and a P51....it was an incredible site to see Star Trek, generations, lol...

Finally I have lived near Luke AFB since 1998 and saw it transition from F16's to the even louder F35 more recently.  Quite impressive to see the F35 soar overhead, the new tech for a changing world.  I have also seen the Raptor fly out of there at their last airshow I saw some years ago from the comfort of my own home, then Wildlife World Zoo where I could see the animals and the air show at the same time.  All those birds cover incredible ground to pull off their maneuvers, especially the fab Thunderbirds.  I did not dare the crowds at the air show to watch them, parking alone was a nightmare, but I know the back roads living so close to Luke and saw the show just west of the base's fenceline, along with a handful of other savvy aviation enthusiasts.  Could almost swear some of them were speaking Russian!  We all just smiled and enjoyed our no hassle private viewing road amongst the cows and peacocks farmers in that part of the Phoenix metro area like to have.

Luke is Top Gun and all of us in Phoenix still thank them for the fly bys they did on 9-11 just to remind us we were protected by them and that our commercial airport success, Sky Harbor, was too....

John

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Really nice.

Which aircraft is this? Could you provide a link to the x-plane.org store, or wherever it's from?

Really looking forward to the DCS release, but I may not be around when that finally happens. (Who's getting the F-14?)

Thanks

https://store.x-plane.org/F16-C-Fighting-Falcon-v11_p_949.html

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3