Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Ethiopia crash

Saw on news as I woke early news of this crash, just news for now, not much further detail although I hate sudden, unexplained catastrophic failures of jets, and the thought of loss of life and the causes behind it all, time for quiet reflections on the souls aboard...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/10/africa/ethiopia-airline-crash-nairobi-intl/index.html

• Upvote 1

Very sad news indeed and RIP to all those on board. It is of concern that, like the Lion Air crash, it also happened during climb out and it too was a 737MAX.

Bill

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

It is another 737Max.. Wondering if there is a flaw with the design..

S.

Too early to tell, one must question the origin of the flight, sometimes telling in that part of the world.  The pundits will chime in, but I am in no position to guess, unlike Spock and I have not met one yet in real life, but came very close with my Dad who is not here to chime in anymore, my guesses when it comes to unnatural disasters are always off.  I can predict earthquakes and severe weather uncannily well, my friends used to call me Radar O'Reilly in that respect, because I could also sense an imminent influx of patients such as the night my daughter was born, which broke her hospital's records for births. 

A strong California earthquake was felt strongly in Arizona came less than 24 hours after she was born so when she writes me, I always sense something good or bad will happen, some newsworthy event, she just seems to be a weathervane like I was, of sorts.  I knew the day of the Oklahoma City bombings and the day of the Challenger disaster, the day before my aunt passed away, and the day before Mt. St. Helens exploded, and finally the day before our big earthquake in the SF Bay Area in '89 that something was going to happen, I just could not put my finger on it, but in each instance I put my family on high alert. 

I no longer do that because my ex wife said it scared her when my premonitions came true so no one can pry them out of my live body, and once I am gone someday I will be less preoccupied with whatever my premonitions were, which is where I hope the lost in this crash are now, out of life's pains and worries.

Edited by John_Cillis

It is another 737Max.. Wondering if there is a flaw with the design....

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this news report.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

737 MAX jockeys have a right to be feeling a tad nervous.

Planes a few years old shouldn't be falling out of the sky

ZORAN

4 minutes ago, zmak said:

Planes a few years old shouldn't be falling out of the sky

Typically not. But there's usually many other contributors present, when it comes to plane crashes.

Let's not jump to conclusions 😉 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

7 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Typically not. But there's usually many other contributors present, when it comes to plane crashes.

Let's not jump to conclusions 😉 

Sure it could be a series of events in the lead up or It could be a fault in that model. Nobody's concluding anything at this stage obviously.

FACT.. 2 of the same near new model have fallen out of the sky. Thats undeniable and very troublesome

Edited by zmak

ZORAN

First commercial flight according to wikipedia was on May 22, 2017. Two catastrophic failures in less than two years for a brand new version of the 737. I'm not getting on one until they get to the bottom of it. RIP

2 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

Too early to tell, one must question the origin of the flight, sometimes telling in that part of the world.

Very unfair comment my friend. Do you have information as to the composition of the flight crew and basing your judgement on that? Flying in Africa, I find that the usual stereotypical view of the continent I'm afraid.

Edited by Peter Webber
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

15 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Very unfair comment my friend. Do you have information as to the composition of the flight crew and basing your judgement on that? Flying in Africa, I find that the usual stereotypical view of the continent I'm afraid.

indeed

Ethiopian Airlines has gained the reputation of being one of the best airlines in Africa. It has a good safety record and the newest fleet of planes on the African continent, according to its website.
"Ethiopian Airlines is a very, very well-run airline," said CNN anchor Richard Quest, who specializes in aviation. "There is no safety issue on Ethiopian. They've made it their business to be the African airline that operates like a western airline."
  • Upvote 1

ZORAN

And what makes it, for me, when I read the news reports early this morning,  so tragic even more.specially, is a passenger I know who has only just a couple of days ago booked a flight LHR-Lusaka via Addis with them.

And all credit to Ethiopian Airlines for celebrating International Womens Day a couple of days ago, with an all-female crew including all the ground crew and support crew, Addis to Oslo.

And in the light of what you wrote only a few days ago, John about women being coerced to wear this or that,............................I will say no more.

R.I.P. to all.

Edited by vc10man

I say grounding in sight for the 737 max...

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

3 minutes ago, Murmur said:

I say grounding in sight for the 737 max...

The first crash was easily explained, part instrument problem and part pilot training. This problem is unsolved, so I seriously doubt if the fleet will be grounded. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 hour ago, Peter Webber said:

While that is true, with regards to Ethiopian Airlines, the continent itself is generally behind when it comes to modern radio and navigation equipment etc... I read an article from a British Airways pilot, who said that in some parts of Africa, pilots needed to agree on flight-levels, altitude and navigation / heading, by talking directly to each other - simply because of lacking or missing ATC coverage.

There must be a reason that many airlines simply avoid flying to Africa, so please just stop this self-proclaimed offensiveness! 

(Oh, boy - I probably stuck my head in a hornets-nest here...)

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471