Sign in to follow this  
Louibarnes

really low fps.

hi there to anyone that can help. 

Around 2 weeks ago i was running p3d with all addons at around 30/40 fps no problems. Then i went to austria for a week, come back and its running on 6fps. I didnt change anything prior. I had a fiddle with a few tweaks and managed to get it working back at 30fps some how however frames have significantly dropped again over last 3 days. I load up p3d and i get good fps, then i close it and reload it and it runs on no more than 8. i have done a complete reinstall of p3d several times and theres no fix, and ive also tired unistalling my addons - orbx etc and theres no effect.Is there any fixes you know of, is this a regular occurrence, what could you suggest , 

and help is appreciated, thanks Loui.

The more photo scenery you have enabled the more resources that will be taken during a flight.  Some Orbx scenery has photo scenery.  Photo scenery loads no matter where you are flying in the world.  If you have it enabled in Asia, it will still load while flying in Europe taking up resources.  P3D will give you over 300 fps with no add-on scenery and just using the default aircraft, scenery, and settings.  When you install payware/freeware scenery or aircraft that did not come with P3D, then you will see a dramatic loss in FPS.  So, obviously, it is not the fault of P3D.

I also read where Microsoft recently updated Windows and the update is dramatically affecting the performance of some games - https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/windows-10-kb4482887-update-can-degrade-graphics-perf-gaming.html.  I don't know if it has affected FSX/P3D but it is a possibility.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi thanks for reply, its none of my addons that are affecting it im not sure what it is ? i just did a complete reinstall of p3d and ill see what happens

If you have low FPS with the default settings of P3D and no add-ons, they you have a major computer issue.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, Louibarnes said:

hi there to anyone that can help. 

Around 2 weeks ago i was running p3d with all addons at around 30/40 fps no problems. Then i went to austria for a week, come back and its running on 6fps. I didnt change anything prior.

The very 1st thing I'd try is unplugging the computer from the wall and then plugging it back in after a minute or so.

Its not normally this low. It seems that i fiddle around with a few things and then i get it working again. Yesterday i fiddled round with some settings and files and got it up to 50fps again, and last night it was perfectly fine, then i ran it this morning and it is back at 8fps, even in the f-12. its as if the first time i load it up every morning it becomes slow? any other ideas, has this happened to anyone else, 

thanks