Sign in to follow this  
capceo

Real DA50 with Dual GTN750s

I remember a discussion on our forums a few months back about whether or not it was realistic to equip the DA50 with Garmin GTNs. Only a handful of RW aircraft have had the STC performed, so there's really no pics available on the internet to show the installation. But after some deep browsing of the interwebs (a little bit of link manipulation via guessing) I managed to find this pic from an aircraft that was listed for sale last year. The aircraft has since sold and the photos and listing have been removed, but it turns out the pics are still out there to be found with a little bit of work.

Small image, but you get the point. Have a look!

WtWG9Q3HimT2b7TmVB9XxwnT9AFy1PJd61PkD-xO

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

You think Mark could spring for the sheep skin and high end harness hardware? 🙂

1 hour ago, Wink207 said:

The sheepskin may be as simple as just doing some texture work. I'll fire up photoshop and see what I can do.

As far as the Pacific Scientific harnesses go, that's up to the boss. We modeled the Pacific Scientific buckles for the C441, so he already has them. How hard it would be to bring into the Falcon, I have no idea. But I'll mention it to him. You've got a keen eye, as an aircraft like the Falcon wouldn't have anything other than the PS harnesses. All three of the Lear's I fly have them, the only difference being the anchoring belt. In the 35's the buckle assembly is attached to the outboard waist strap and, so the right waist strap for the FO, and the left waist strap for the captain. This makes the middle strap optional. In the 55, the buckle assembly is attached to the middle strap between your legs, and the left and right waist straps buckle to it. So you have no choice but to wear it.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

12 hours ago, Wink207 said:

We already did a vote on FB for the photo real sheepskin compared to the lower grade fur material we have on the product now and the pure white was not attractive so it was a land slide to keep the lower quality pixel size to the HD white fur. Go figure.

Edited by Flysimware

16 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

I believe there was also a photo of a Lear 35 with a GTN 750 installed.

Lear 35's with GTN are not that uncommon. But interesting to see it was built into a Falcon 50.

16 hours ago, capceo said:

I remember a discussion on our forums a few months back about whether or not it was realistic to equip the DA50 with Garmin GTNs. Only a handful of RW aircraft have had the STC performed, so there's really no pics available on the internet to show the installation. But after some deep browsing of the interwebs (a little bit of link manipulation via guessing) I managed to find this pic from an aircraft that was listed for sale last year. The aircraft has since sold and the photos and listing have been removed, but it turns out the pics are still out there to be found with a little bit of work.

Small image, but you get the point. Have a look!

WtWG9Q3HimT2b7TmVB9XxwnT9AFy1PJd61PkD-xO

Nice find!

If only we had GTN crossfill available, it would be the icing on the cake 🙂

Dave P. Woycek