Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

Ground Traffic add on GSX or AES?

Have been thinking about buying a ground services add on to liven up my airports and I was tempted to go for GSX but just watched a video on AES. They both look pretty good but am looking for one that has minmum performance impact and I remember reading on the forums some people have problems with the Couatl program that comes with GSX.

Has anyone used both of these programs and if so which one would you recommend I use both FSX boxed and Steam Edition on two different machines.

Kind regards

Daz

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

I’ve never used AES since you have to pay for each airport and GSX is global and for one price. I’ve actually used GSX since prior to its release since I was a beta tester and also own most of the FSDT airports and never had any issues Couatl. Not to say that you’ll never have an issue but in all the years I've used it, nothing has ever gone wrong for me.

Also, if you ever move to P3D you won’t have to pay again and from what I’m aware, AES isn’t available for P3D.

So if you own tons of after market airports and you’ll want to use AES on each one, you’ll have to buy credits to make them work, which would or could be expensive if you have tons of airports. Not only that but AES might not even be available for the airport yet and they don’t do a lot of freeware airports. GSX will work with any airport, freeware, default or payware.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you for replying. There is a chance i may use P3D in the future so interesting that GSX is a one purchase for both sims so may take a look at that. Do you know if GSX has any performance hit on your sim especially regarding stutters? My sim runs pretty smooth and wouldn't want to upset that

kind regards

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

I run GSX and UK2000 extreme on my i5 with 32 gig ram without too much of a problem.

Enko

I would say GSX is the best out there. Offers global ground services as opposed to AES which you have to pay for each airport. As said before AES doesn’t work in P3d so if you do decide to move to P3d in the future, money spent in AES credits will be lost. 

You can try both AES and GSX for free as they both have demos available at certain airports. If you own any FSDreamTeam airports, GSX works for them free of charge. 

Orman

6 hours ago, Dazkent said:

Do you know if GSX has any performance hit on your sim especially regarding stutters? My sim runs pretty smooth and wouldn't want to upset that.

GSX has no performance hit and isn’t really active until your on the ground at the airport, and even then, the majority of the animations are used while the plane is sitting still (baggage loading, fuel, catering, etc), so even if there was a hit you wouldn’t notice it since your not moving.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I sometimes have my issues with GSX, but overall it's a more essential addon for me which I use every flight.

There is also Ultimate Ground Crew X from FS2Crew coming Soon™ which I will probably use to replace GSX.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 3/11/2019 at 3:15 PM, threegreen said:

I sometimes have my issues with GSX, but overall it's a more essential addon for me which I use every flight.

There is also Ultimate Ground Crew X from FS2Crew coming Soon™ which I will probably use to replace GSX.

Yeah I have seen the Ground Crew X " coming soon" message for well over a year now so I have given up on it. I think it was going to do what GSX 2 is now doing. So GSX 2 probably got ahead of them so I am not sure if Ground Crew X would be something more that's worth waiting for, just MHO. Think about it, why would a developer wait so long to introduce a product to mimic what AES & GSX already does, so what more could they offer/add 'passengers', which GSX 2 just did. Again, is just my 2 cents in terms of waiting for FS2Crew.

Regards.

Forshaw.

21 hours ago, forshaw said:

Yeah I have seen the Ground Crew X " coming soon" message for well over a year now so I have given up on it. I think it was going to do what GSX 2 is now doing. So GSX 2 probably got ahead of them so I am not sure if Ground Crew X would be something more that's worth waiting for, just MHO. Think about it, why would a developer wait so long to introduce a product to mimic what AES & GSX already does, so what more could they offer/add 'passengers', which GSX 2 just did. Again, is just my 2 cents in terms of waiting for FS2Crew.

Regards.

Forshaw.

The product is alive and in beta testing. Check the FS2Crew forums here on avsim.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

The product is alive and in beta testing. Check the FS2Crew forums here on avsim.

This is great news and good to know, I did check out their forum. However, to me Bata testing means still a way to go before it's launched. I hope it comes out soon. We'll see.

Forshaw.