Dazkent

Ground Traffic add on GSX or AES?

Recommended Posts

Have been thinking about buying a ground services add on to liven up my airports and I was tempted to go for GSX but just watched a video on AES. They both look pretty good but am looking for one that has minmum performance impact and I remember reading on the forums some people have problems with the Couatl program that comes with GSX.

Has anyone used both of these programs and if so which one would you recommend I use both FSX boxed and Steam Edition on two different machines.

Kind regards

Daz

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I’ve never used AES since you have to pay for each airport and GSX is global and for one price. I’ve actually used GSX since prior to its release since I was a beta tester and also own most of the FSDT airports and never had any issues Couatl. Not to say that you’ll never have an issue but in all the years I've used it, nothing has ever gone wrong for me.

Also, if you ever move to P3D you won’t have to pay again and from what I’m aware, AES isn’t available for P3D.

So if you own tons of after market airports and you’ll want to use AES on each one, you’ll have to buy credits to make them work, which would or could be expensive if you have tons of airports. Not only that but AES might not even be available for the airport yet and they don’t do a lot of freeware airports. GSX will work with any airport, freeware, default or payware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for replying. There is a chance i may use P3D in the future so interesting that GSX is a one purchase for both sims so may take a look at that. Do you know if GSX has any performance hit on your sim especially regarding stutters? My sim runs pretty smooth and wouldn't want to upset that

 

kind regards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run GSX and UK2000 extreme on my i5 with 32 gig ram without too much of a problem.

 

Enko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say GSX is the best out there. Offers global ground services as opposed to AES which you have to pay for each airport. As said before AES doesn’t work in P3d so if you do decide to move to P3d in the future, money spent in AES credits will be lost. 

 

You can try both AES and GSX for free as they both have demos available at certain airports. If you own any FSDreamTeam airports, GSX works for them free of charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dazkent said:

Do you know if GSX has any performance hit on your sim especially regarding stutters? My sim runs pretty smooth and wouldn't want to upset that.

GSX has no performance hit and isn’t really active until your on the ground at the airport, and even then, the majority of the animations are used while the plane is sitting still (baggage loading, fuel, catering, etc), so even if there was a hit you wouldn’t notice it since your not moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sometimes have my issues with GSX, but overall it's a more essential addon for me which I use every flight.

There is also Ultimate Ground Crew X from FS2Crew coming Soon™ which I will probably use to replace GSX.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info, i didn't realise there was another product coming ont0 the market. I may hold fire until this one comes out and then make a choice

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 3:15 PM, threegreen said:

I sometimes have my issues with GSX, but overall it's a more essential addon for me which I use every flight.

There is also Ultimate Ground Crew X from FS2Crew coming Soon™ which I will probably use to replace GSX.

Yeah I have seen the Ground Crew X " coming soon" message for well over a year now so I have given up on it. I think it was going to do what GSX 2 is now doing. So GSX 2 probably got ahead of them so I am not sure if Ground Crew X would be something more that's worth waiting for, just MHO. Think about it, why would a developer wait so long to introduce a product to mimic what AES & GSX already does, so what more could they offer/add 'passengers', which GSX 2 just did. Again, is just my 2 cents in terms of waiting for FS2Crew.

Regards.

Forshaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, forshaw said:

Yeah I have seen the Ground Crew X " coming soon" message for well over a year now so I have given up on it. I think it was going to do what GSX 2 is now doing. So GSX 2 probably got ahead of them so I am not sure if Ground Crew X would be something more that's worth waiting for, just MHO. Think about it, why would a developer wait so long to introduce a product to mimic what AES & GSX already does, so what more could they offer/add 'passengers', which GSX 2 just did. Again, is just my 2 cents in terms of waiting for FS2Crew.

Regards.

Forshaw.

The product is alive and in beta testing. Check the FS2Crew forums here on avsim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, threegreen said:

The product is alive and in beta testing. Check the FS2Crew forums here on avsim.

This is great news and good to know, I did check out their forum. However, to me Bata testing means still a way to go before it's launched. I hope it comes out soon. We'll see.

Forshaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now