Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

DME Ident

I have a situation where the DME Ident buttons are struck "on"  in the Falcon.  This causes the annoying loud Morse code beeps.   I have tried to be sure I am starting in a default AC, and, all ident buttons are off.

The buttons become depressed "on"  as soon as I turn on the avionics, and, even if I press to turn off (lower left side panel) the buttons will turn back on within a second or two.  What is odd is it seems to change in various phases of flight.  I may be able to turn off, but seems always on during departure and arrival.  

Anybody have any ideas?  This is driving me nuts.

Joe Lorenc

32 minutes ago, Joe L said:

I have a situation where the DME Ident buttons are struck "on"  in the Falcon.  This causes the annoying loud Morse code beeps.   I have tried to be sure I am starting in a default AC, and, all ident buttons are off.

The buttons become depressed "on"  as soon as I turn on the avionics, and, even if I press to turn off (lower left side panel) the buttons will turn back on within a second or two.  What is odd is it seems to change in various phases of flight.  I may be able to turn off, but seems always on during departure and arrival.  

Anybody have any ideas?  This is driving me nuts.

I don't happen to have this problem with the VOR/DME idents. 

What sim are you using, and what default a/c are you loading before the Falcon?  A few of us who had 'strange problems' when using P3D4.4 have found that loading the default F-35 before loading the Falcon 50 solved our problem even though using other default aircraft did not help. I can't explain why, but if it works.......

Al

P3D4.4, should have added that.

I will try with the F-35.  Have tried with the default F-22 and the Mooney analog.  Both starting with that AC and loading then switching, and, setting the AC as default but loading Falcon in set up.

Thanks for the input !

Joe Lorenc

1 hour ago, Joe L said:

P3D4.4, should have added that.

I will try with the F-35.  Have tried with the default F-22 and the Mooney analog.  Both starting with that AC and loading then switching, and, setting the AC as default but loading Falcon in set up.

Thanks for the input !

Another thing to check is your GPS audio panel. I don't know what GPS you are using, but the GTN 750 audio panel, for example, has buttons for both VOR and DME ident. These buttons should work in sync with the respective buttons on the pilot's left side audio panel.

Note also, if you have a VOR/DME station dialed in, you can get an ident from both the VOR (Nav) and the DME components of the station.

Al

Edited by ark

Still, it is worth to check the P3D controls settings are used for CTRL+1,2,3, etc to enable NAV, DME, ADF ident. If these same commands are used as hotkeys in camera control programs, it may spontaneously sound "Morse".

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

I believe it may be solved - at least for the DME Ident part.   I still have the ADF Ident button moving in and out on its own.  Need to do more testing, but, that looks like it happens mainly when I use the audio panel on the GTN, which can easily be avoided.

I was using the GTN Trainer 6.50, which apparently caused issues.  Went to 6.50.1.  So far a quick test looks like it may have helped. 

But, I need to check my GTN version (F1 2.09), I have no DME or ADF buttons in my audio panel . . . 

No controls set to the ID buttons, checked that first.

Thanks to both of you for your input.

Joe Lorenc