Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

F50 Flight Dynamics Update

There is a member tatfsn who started a topic about the F50 airfile and N2 going above the red line. So he was trying to use N1 92% during takeoff and using up too much runway. But this bird you would use N1 99% and the N2 should be 99% as well. 

With N1 at high rpm this will match N2 at high rpm but this scale will change as you lower the rpm. Based on a video watching a real F50 idle was at 31.2% N1 and the N2 was around 58%. So i basically matched this. Same for the high rpm the video showed the N1 and N2 at 99%. So these low rpm setting to high rpm settings is the new sliding scale.

As you go from low speeds to high speeds the max N1 99% will drop to around 92% N1 at high speeds.

I also increased the N1 ratio to throttle lever position so there is a higher increase in N1 percent with a low throttle setting giving you even more throttle range at higher rpm. This will  help on maintaining the correct throttle position so the speed does not run away. Please test this new update and post some feedback.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aolxc3eb8oqa7ux/F50_AIRFILE.zip/file

Edited by Flysimware

Thank you!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

5 hours ago, Flysimware said:

I also increased the N1 ratio to throttle lever position so there is more N1 with a low throttle setting giving you even more range for higher rpm. This will again help on maintaining the correct setting so the speed does not run away. Please test this new update and post some feedback.

Throttle reaction is much more predictible now, in my opinion. It behaves the way I expect a throttle to change the speed of an engine.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

3 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Throttle reaction is much more predictible now, in my opinion. It behaves the way I expect a throttle to change the speed of an engine.

+1

Thanks

Pascal

si.php?id=1

Thanks so much for this; I honestly didn't expect it!   

Needless to say, I tested the aircraft with the new .air file immediately.   The change in throttle response is much more precise and

intuitive now.   As for my concern about the N2, I couldn't be happier now.   I tried a departure from Runway 33 at KPVB (4000 feet)

and to my delight, noted that when spooled up to 97% N1, the N2 readings remained comfortably just below the red line.   It's such

an enhancement to the capabilities and operational flexibility of the aircraft!

Once again Flysimware demonstrates that it is absolutely first rate in product support and respect for its customers!

• Like 1

Question regarding N1, at FL37 I notice that at full throttle N1 doesn't go above about 92% is that what one would expect in the real aircraft. I cruise at around N1 84% but was curious about N1 at attitude?

Using v1.8c on P3D v2.4

Thanks

Martin

1 hour ago, MartinRex007 said:

Question regarding N1, at FL37 I notice that at full throttle N1 doesn't go above about 92% is that what one would expect in the real aircraft. I cruise at around N1 84% but was curious about N1 at attitude?

Using v1.8c on P3D v2.4

Thanks

Martin

Assuming you mean FL 370, then 92% is a reasonable max N1 value according to a RW corporate pilot.

Al