Sign in to follow this  
aaronkia

Autogen missing after Content update

Hello, 

After installing the latest P3D Content update there are no autogen buildings or trees anywhere in P3D 4.4 beyond the airports and is not limited to a particular region. Changing the autogen settings does not fix this either. Here are two screenshots showing the problem: https://ibb.co/SBc4xdS https://ibb.co/19ts83S

Does anyone have an idea what could've caused it and how to potentially fix it? 

Many thanks in advance, 

Aaron

Edited by aaronkia

Have you installed any FlyTampa sceneries using the new Universal Installer?

Alan

54 minutes ago, exeodus said:

Have you installed any FlyTampa sceneries using the new Universal Installer?

I haven't.

I have now fixed the problem by updating FTX Global which has restored my autogen. 

Given that you do seem to have autogen directly next to the airport, it seems to me that your autogen is not 'broken' itself; but there's something wrong with its display. Autogen is controlled by definitions that are specific to the various landclass tiles that are depicted on the ground. If I would hazard a guess, I'd say there's something wrong with those autogen definition files, or the objects that they refer to.

So, here's my question for you: do you use OrbX Global textures?

These textures come with their own set of autogen placement files, and so if there's something broken there, perhaps that's why you don't see any autogen. As the name suggests, Globla affects the entire world, so that may explain why you lose autogen everywhere. Airports of course tend to come with a slab of photoreal scenery that was (hand) annotated with autogen by the developer, hence that is why you see the autogen in those places. You could try going into your FTX Central and verifying the Global files - it will fix or download anything that it finds is missing or incorrect.

EDIT: Ah, As I posted my recommendation to you, I see that updating FTX Global is what you did and it indeed fixed the issue for you :) Glad you got it working!

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case