Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Well.. she's down!!

It's been quite a white since I last flew any big iron, least of all anything fully loaded with about 90 tons of cargo. Let's just say that the approach into Portland, Oregon was not pretty, might have scared some of the local populace and no doubt made the tower curse a blue streak.. (I was distracted learning the idiosyncrasies of the Sky Sim MD-11 autopilot and wondering why it didn't intercept the localiser..)

Anyhow at least by the time the mains made..... "firm" ....contact with the tarmac I had her pretty much squared away and pointing to where she needed to be. She might even have been on the centreline! I think the oleos were fully compressed..

0Wzxfeb.jpg

EDIT: She didn't bounce! The oleos just uncompressed a little!

Edited by HighBypass
  • Like 5

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

3 hours ago, Avidean said:

She wasn't on the center line 😀

Any landing you can sim away from.....?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

Any landing you can sim away from.....?

Yeah, what John C said.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Avidean said:

She wasn't on the center line 😀

... OK OK... she was when I'd got the nose down :blush: sheesh...tough crowd... LOL only joking Dave!

Thanks guys!

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

My wife says I'm far to observant and that I should keep my mouth shut otherwise people will know I am a "Word Not Allowed". In fact she tells me that everyone else is just as observant as I am, it's just that not everyone is a "Word Not Allowed".😭

LOL Dave.You just carry on being observant, mate. It's important to be observant when flying gliders. Well..when flying any aircraft general 😉 

Mark Robinson

Nice shot of the MD-11! At least you are down in one piece.

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.