Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

Blurry textures and flickering P3D 4.4

Recently my sim has become blurry. I assume something I have done has changed it for the worse and for the life of me I can’t figure it out. Scenery textures in the distance are now blurry. Aircraft exteriors are blurry from certain angles. Taxi guidance arrows are blurry from certain angles. Previously everything was beautifully clear. Sim settings don’t seem to make any difference. Location doesn’t seem to matter either. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Recently my sim has become blurry. I assume something I have done has changed it for the worse and for the life of me I can’t figure it out. Scenery textures in the distance are now blurry. Aircraft exteriors are blurry from certain angles. Taxi guidance arrows are blurry from certain angles. Previously everything was beautifully clear. Sim settings don’t seem to make any difference. Location doesn’t seem to matter either. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Could it be FXAA = ON ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

With no tweeks my FPS unlimited in heavy add on scenery QW 787 is 24-28 on the ground with 35-45 airborne. If I limit to 30 in P3D settings it gets lower to 15-17. My 4K Monitor is at 60htz native. 

Rename Prepar3D.cfg, P3D will then create a new one with standard settings. If textures are still blurry then, it's time to dig deeper.

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

NOW with the above P3D cfg  tweeks and still unlimited FPS plus

[ GRAPHICS]

ENABLE_MEMORY_OPTIMIZATION=0

MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=320000.000000

[DISPLAY] 

MaintainSystemCopyOfDeviceTextures=0

Much better, only (using EZDok V3)

while in external view and pan around with hatch switch I see the wing mark lines to blurry.

Payware airport Zagreb PMDG 737

29-35 FPS

Do you have nvidia card? I encountered similar issue and made a reset of nvidia graphic settings to default.  After that all fine, sharp farther away like before. Btw my card is a 1080ti watercooled.

1 hour ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

With no tweeks my FPS unlimited in heavy add on scenery QW 787 is 24-28 on the ground with 35-45 airborne. If I limit to 30 in P3D settings it gets lower to 15-17. My 4K Monitor is at 60htz native. 

Limiting FPS will degrease the frame rate but will solve autogen and blurries issues. Mine is set to 60 (for a non 4K 60 Hz monitor), everything is OK.

Maybe my specs are higher than yours? 

Casv, mine is also GTX 1080 ti, water cooled, 6700k I 7 4.2 Ghz 32 GB Ram.

I will reset my Nvidia control panel graphic settings to default and see the results.

BlueSky31 friend, I will decrease inside p3d 4.4 settings to 60 FPS, try and see how’s that going,

Thank you guys for now

George

Hi, not any change. At all. Still blurry and also in the VC cockpit moving the mouse it’s terrible.

You might have a look at this...a recent Win 10 update is causing the sorts of mouse lag you describe in some games, so I wonder if the rest could be related.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/windows-10-kb4482887-update-can-degrade-graphics-perf-gaming.html

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Don't know about the blurries, but you say you use 8x MSAA on a 4K monitor?

4xMSAA should be more than enough. Antialiasing eats FPS you know.

16 minutes ago, neumanix said:

...8x MSAA on a 4K monitor?

4xMSAA should be more than enough...

Well, this depends on dpi, not on resolution. 4K on a 50"" monitor need antialiasing in a similar extent as HD on a 27"" monitor. (It also depends on the distance at wich you are viewing).

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

3 minutes ago, kaha said:

Well, this depends on dpi, not on resolution. 4K on a 50"" monitor need antialiasing in a similar extent as HD on a 27"" monitor. (It also depends on the distance at wich you are viewing).

Yes, you are correct