Sign in to follow this  
Quackarov

USA Tour V2: Airplane discussion

Hello everyone!  I had completed my first tour of the US, flying from KLGB, to eventually KJFK in my little PA24-250 Comanche.  I love that airplane, but I want to branch out a bit.  Now, because the AVSIM community always gives the best advice, I come here to ask a few things primarily about aircraft. BTW here is the route I took for those who are "interested:" http://prntscr.com/mwndp4

First a few guidelines:

1: Aircraft may be either twin or single prop.

2: Aircraft may be either in a tricycle or tail-dragger configuration. 

3: Aircraft shouldn't be too slow.  I love flying, but this is a simulator so I don't have all day, ya know? 

4: Aircraft must have the ability to land and take off from relatively short runways.   I.E. Good takeoff performance. 

5: It would also be a plus (not required at all) if it was faster than a Beech 35, so I can beat my friend when we fly 😉  .  

6: The airplane must be made for P3D V4.  I don't want to hassle with any converters, unless the airplane has been proven to be %100 the same and working after converted.  

7.  I require the fidelity of the airplane to be very high.  I will be spending a lot of time with it, so I would prefer there not to be anything the community deems overly unrealistic, or broken.  

8.  Please provide links.

Thanks!

PS:  IF you know any good business jets, put them in here too thanks ❤️ 

5 minutes ago, Quackarov said:

Hello everyone!  I had completed my first tour of the US, flying from KLGB, to eventually KJFK in my little PA24-250 Comanche.  I love that airplane, but I want to branch out a bit.  Now, because the AVSIM community always gives the best advice, I come here to ask a few things primarily about aircraft. BTW here is the route I took for those who are "interested:" http://prntscr.com/mwndp4

First a few guidelines:

1: Aircraft may be either twin or single prop.

2: Aircraft may be either in a tricycle or tail-dragger configuration. 

3: Aircraft shouldn't be too slow.  I love flying, but this is a simulator so I don't have all day, ya know? 

4: Aircraft must have the ability to land and take off from relatively short runways.   I.E. Good takeoff performance. 

5: It would also be a plus (not required at all) if it was faster than a Beech 35, so I can beat my friend when we fly 😉  .  

6: The airplane must be made for P3D V4.  I don't want to hassle with any converters, unless the airplane has been proven to be %100 the same and working after converted.  

7.  I require the fidelity of the airplane to be very high.  I will be spending a lot of time with it, so I would prefer there not to be anything the community deems overly unrealistic, or broken.  

8.  Please provide links.

Thanks!

PS:  IF you know any good business jets, put them in here too thanks ❤️ 

A2A Bonanza or Milviz C310

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

I’d go forvFlysimware MU2 Marquise. Can land at 90 knots on 1600 ft strip if needed. Not too mention fast cruise as well. 290 kts

Best,

David

• Like 1

Both very good suggestions.  Feel free to add any more if y'all have any ideas.  I would like to collect as much info as possible 🙂

Vertx DA62 looks amazing.... although I am concerned about the very old navdata.  If it could be updated then I would strongly consider getting it.  The JustFlight PA-28R Arrow III with the GTN750 (1803 airac with latest update) is quickly growing on me.

Dan

Edited by dpergau
added model
  • Like 1

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

Carenado PC-12 with the community mods

Greg

Edited by lownslo
Added mods
  • Like 1

A2A mustang, if you are up for a challenge! Just taking off safely is an interesting prospect 👍

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

3 minutes ago, djbully said:

A2A mustang, if you are up for a challenge! Just taking off safely is an interesting prospect 👍

IKR?  I have tried to do it before and it feels like I have to be going well over 100 KTS just to not flip over from the engines rotation.

Sorry don’t know ikr? But yes it’s a challenging aircraft, sure is fast though once you are up and running 😉

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Oh, IKR is "I know, right?"  Just a little thing haha.  Yeah I've heard it can fly SUPER far if you fly high and lean enough.

4 minutes ago, djbully said:

Sorry don’t know ikr? But yes it’s a challenging aircraft, sure is fast though once you are up and running 😉

+1 for the Mustang, I did a tour of Australia in a Mustang a while ago. It added a bit of a challenge, is fast with a good range and just enough AP functions.

• Like 1

Johan Pienaar

Alabeo C421 with GTN 750 and my autopilot fixes.

• Like 2

Bert