Quackarov

USA Tour V2: Airplane discussion

Hello everyone!  I had completed my first tour of the US, flying from KLGB, to eventually KJFK in my little PA24-250 Comanche.  I love that airplane, but I want to branch out a bit.  Now, because the AVSIM community always gives the best advice, I come here to ask a few things primarily about aircraft. BTW here is the route I took for those who are "interested:" http://prntscr.com/mwndp4

First a few guidelines:

1: Aircraft may be either twin or single prop.

2: Aircraft may be either in a tricycle or tail-dragger configuration. 

3: Aircraft shouldn't be too slow.  I love flying, but this is a simulator so I don't have all day, ya know? 

4: Aircraft must have the ability to land and take off from relatively short runways.   I.E. Good takeoff performance. 

5: It would also be a plus (not required at all) if it was faster than a Beech 35, so I can beat my friend when we fly 😉  .  

6: The airplane must be made for P3D V4.  I don't want to hassle with any converters, unless the airplane has been proven to be %100 the same and working after converted.  

7.  I require the fidelity of the airplane to be very high.  I will be spending a lot of time with it, so I would prefer there not to be anything the community deems overly unrealistic, or broken.  

8.  Please provide links.

Thanks!

PS:  IF you know any good business jets, put them in here too thanks ❤️ 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

5 minutes ago, Quackarov said:

Hello everyone!  I had completed my first tour of the US, flying from KLGB, to eventually KJFK in my little PA24-250 Comanche.  I love that airplane, but I want to branch out a bit.  Now, because the AVSIM community always gives the best advice, I come here to ask a few things primarily about aircraft. BTW here is the route I took for those who are "interested:" http://prntscr.com/mwndp4

First a few guidelines:

1: Aircraft may be either twin or single prop.

2: Aircraft may be either in a tricycle or tail-dragger configuration. 

3: Aircraft shouldn't be too slow.  I love flying, but this is a simulator so I don't have all day, ya know? 

4: Aircraft must have the ability to land and take off from relatively short runways.   I.E. Good takeoff performance. 

5: It would also be a plus (not required at all) if it was faster than a Beech 35, so I can beat my friend when we fly 😉  .  

6: The airplane must be made for P3D V4.  I don't want to hassle with any converters, unless the airplane has been proven to be %100 the same and working after converted.  

7.  I require the fidelity of the airplane to be very high.  I will be spending a lot of time with it, so I would prefer there not to be anything the community deems overly unrealistic, or broken.  

8.  Please provide links.

Thanks!

PS:  IF you know any good business jets, put them in here too thanks ❤️ 

A2A Bonanza or Milviz C310

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’d go forvFlysimware MU2 Marquise. Can land at 90 knots on 1600 ft strip if needed. Not too mention fast cruise as well. 290 kts

Best,

David

• Like 1

Both very good suggestions.  Feel free to add any more if y'all have any ideas.  I would like to collect as much info as possible 🙂

4 hours ago, aeronauta said:

Vertx DA62 ...

Jorge

+1

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Vertx DA62 looks amazing.... although I am concerned about the very old navdata.  If it could be updated then I would strongly consider getting it.  The JustFlight PA-28R Arrow III with the GTN750 (1803 airac with latest update) is quickly growing on me.

Dan

Edited by dpergau
added model
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Carenado PC-12 with the community mods

Greg

Edited by lownslo
Added mods
  • Like 1

A2A mustang, if you are up for a challenge! Just taking off safely is an interesting prospect 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, djbully said:

A2A mustang, if you are up for a challenge! Just taking off safely is an interesting prospect 👍

IKR?  I have tried to do it before and it feels like I have to be going well over 100 KTS just to not flip over from the engines rotation.

Sorry don’t know ikr? But yes it’s a challenging aircraft, sure is fast though once you are up and running 😉

• Like 1

Oh, IKR is "I know, right?"  Just a little thing haha.  Yeah I've heard it can fly SUPER far if you fly high and lean enough.

4 minutes ago, djbully said:

Sorry don’t know ikr? But yes it’s a challenging aircraft, sure is fast though once you are up and running 😉

+1 for the Mustang, I did a tour of Australia in a Mustang a while ago. It added a bit of a challenge, is fast with a good range and just enough AP functions.

• Like 1

Alabeo C421 with GTN 750 and my autopilot fixes.

• Like 2

Hello,

I'd go Vertex DA-62 as my 1st choice, but if the navdata is an issue, I'd consider the stock Milviz C310, or the Alabeo C421 (if you can do the GTN 750 addon)

Mike

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sounds fun. I really enjoy the A2A Bonanza V tail, the MilViz 310R (either with one or two GTN units), and the Flight1 B200 Super King Air. The Bonanza and King Air have maintenance features. Fun to track how you are using your plane. The King Air G1000 can be updated with Navigraph. I almost forgot...the Just Flight Turbo Arrow is fun, also. You can add a GTN to that aircraft as well.

Enjoy,

Beau

Edited by beaurice172
More options.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Another +1 for the A2A P-51 civ.  a great tourer. Fast and interesting to fly. Take off requires some practice but nothing insurmountable with rudder pedals and a decent joystick. Learning is part of the fun. Only thing, the sound suite is dated at least in the P3Dv3 version that I run and could be better.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Another +1 for the Vertx DA62. I updated the nav with minimum subscriptions to fsAerodata and Navigraph and it was well worth it to have that on all my aircraft.  I took it around the US and down into the caribbean shortly after getting it and had a great time. 

My A2A C182 doesn't do well on autopilot if you increase the sim rate, which they warn you about in the manual. I don't know if that is the case with other A2A aircraft.

• Like 1