Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

The Queen gets undressed

Hehe....intriguing topic title...but like the title implies, here is the Queen in her birthday suit with nary any clothes on at all. 🙂

This is full PBR naturally, the reflections have to be seen in the sim to appreciate how awesome it looks.  Seeing the terrain, clouds, etc dancing off the metal...totally game-changing in the world of exterior screenshot artists. 🙂

Enjoy the pics.  All is still WIP....no timeline on a release date....metal takes time.

Sunglasses highly recommended for viewing. 😎

XixSgj.jpg

VhF0Xx.jpg

86onQm.jpg

lDC9LT.jpg

0m9R2W.jpg

mKzRUF.jpg

7QeYhE.jpg

7MryvW.jpg

XuC0u2.jpg

7xc4oE.jpg

1d0MZA.jpg

GwoxbU.jpg

V8gThG.jpg

Yep, with PBR...the lights reflect off the fuse...dynamically and in real-time...quite an awesome sight to behold.  Even the moonlight reflects off the fuse!
rJMItb.jpg

GhWPc1.jpg

8OfVO8.jpg

NmQpMr.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

What a lovely naked queen!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wow. That's impressive.

NAX669.png

***Sometimes....Less is More***😀

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Nice!

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Hubba Hubba!!! Those are nice looking Queens!

Edited by Jim Young
Removed quote of OP as many do not have fast connections to show all of the photos again and again.

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

I think, with a little more practice, you'll be getting quite good at this painting lark Steve 😂

On a serious note, after getting a new PC, I'm going to have to get a 747 just so I can use these paints🙄

• Like 1

Cheers

Paul Golding

Such shine, much metal amaze! Lovely concept for a present day Flying Tigers Queen. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

12 hours ago, Paul Golding said:

I think, with a little more practice, you'll be getting quite good at this painting lark Steve 😂

On a serious note, after getting a new PC, I'm going to have to get a 747 just so I can use these paints🙄

Hehe...yeah coming up on 17 years and still can't paint for beans. 🙂

Thanks guys...Brian T and I are perfecting the metal.....its a process....a long, tedious process.

Good news is that when its done, we should be close to releasing at least 4 shiny Queens! 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

5 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hehe...yeah coming up on 17 years and still can't paint for beans. 🙂

We know you do it for the love Steve, not the beans.  It really is amazing how far things have come along!

Cheers

Paul Golding

2 hours ago, Paul Golding said:

We know you do it for the love Steve, not the beans.  It really is amazing how far things have come along!

I love beans.🤣

Yeah, show me these pics when I 1st started painting and say we'd be here in under 2 decades and I would have said you're nuts! 

I'd say "even with the top-of-the-line video card pushing 2 MEGAbytes ram (non-DDR...but we didnt even know what DDR was back then), there would be no way to load all that detail and fill my top-of-the-line Viewsonic 17" monitor!!!"

Fast forward to today, 12GB onboard my Titan, 55" 4k monitor...gotta love technology! 🙂  LOL it takes 2mb just to load basic Nvidia shader codec into the Titan...my old XVGA (X because it could display higher than 800x600) would explode if I put in my machine today, LOL

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

10 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Good news is that when its done, we should be close to releasing at least 4 shiny Queens! 

Steve actually means 5.  Atlas, Cathay, Flying Tiger, JAL, and Northwest 😁

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

36 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Steve actually means 5.  Atlas, Cathay, Flying Tiger, JAL, and Northwest 😁

Well...I said at LEAST 4 as I have not even put the JAL textures on the maps yet. 😉   Didn't want the masses coming at us with pitchforks & torches because we "promised" 5 paints and only delivered 4. LoL

We're still debating about the best metal config...that in itself can take another 3 months. (hehe...I hear the clanking of simmer's picking up their pitchforks after that statement..."We demand your paints NOW NOW NOW....we want instant gratification...it looks good enough as it is, why are you still tinkering with it...give it to us NOW!).  Sorry...recurring nightmare. 🤣  I always wake up just before I get to say "This is the part where you run away"....points for knowing what movie line I'm referencing. 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Here's some of the work I've been doing as Steve and I narrow down how we want to blend metal on such a big aircraft.

Atlas

46467896565_67c7b56cb3_b.jpg

32441338017_0aafb4edf4_h.jpg

46467896445_4fa17b1ad4_h.jpg

47330095642_189bb61714_h.jpg

Northwest

40405344203_30c4ce4d1b_b.jpg

47370879641_9a2c2da9fe_h.jpg

32429150157_c70be51e10_h.jpg

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries