737Andi

Create custom waypoints in Airbus

Hello,

can anyone please explain me how to create a custom waypoint that is e.g. 5 nm after waypoint xy or -5nm before waypoint xy without using a heading preset?

In the Boeing CDU you need to enter xy/-5 or xy/5 for that.
I'm not able to do this without the heading setting in the airbus.

Thank you very much!

Best regards Andreas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

15 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

Hello,

can anyone please explain me how to create a custom waypoint that is e.g. 5 nm after waypoint xy or -5nm before waypoint xy without using a heading preset?

In the Boeing CDU you need to enter xy/-5 or xy/5 for that.
I'm not able to do this without the heading setting in the airbus.

Thank you very much!

Best regards Andreas

Watch this tutorial. It's reasonably straightforward once you get the hang of it!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Very interesting video. Thanks a lot !

I will definetely try this out on my next flight.

Unfortunately the original question on how to create on route waypoints easily without entering a heading like you can do it on Boeings planes is not answered.

Edited by 737Andi

4 hours ago, 737Andi said:

Very interesting video. Thanks a lot !

I will definetely try this out on my next flight.

Unfortunately the original question on how to create on route waypoints easily without entering a heading like you can do it on Boeings planes is not answered.

The heading is actually the Bearing, aka "BRG" in the MCDU.  As I recall, it's pretty much the same in the Boeings.

You identify a fixed waypoint, and take a bearing from that to a certain distance and that's it.

Best wishes!

Along track waypoints in the Airbus are in exactly the format you suggested: Place/Distance (e.g. XYZ/-30 for a point 30 nm before XYZ).

You can also do Place/Bearing/Place/Bearing (XYZ/120/ABC/245) for the intersection of two radials or Place/Bearing/Distance. There are also some more features for abeam points, radial intercept points etc that can be accessed through the Fix Info page.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:00 PM, skelsey said:

Along track waypoints in the Airbus are in exactly the format you suggested: Place/Distance (e.g. XYZ/-30 for a point 30 nm before XYZ).

If I enter XYZ/-30 the new waypoint is not created 30nm before XYZ on the route itself (Magenta line) but 30nm somehwere beside the route. So far I have not understood from where the bearing is taken that positions the waypoint off the route.
Hope this explanation is understandable.

2 hours ago, 737Andi said:

If I enter XYZ/-30 the new waypoint is not created 30nm before XYZ on the route itself (Magenta line) but 30nm somehwere beside the route. So far I have not understood from where the bearing is taken that positions the waypoint off the route.
Hope this explanation is understandable.

Which Airbus simulation are you using?