Sign in to follow this  
d.tsakiris

FA50 Start-Up Behaviour Question

Hallo, I am interested in the FSW FA50 and have a question. When starting the engines, and following proper procedures, do the engines start up like piston engines, or gradually and slowly? I like realistic system simulation, but avoid add-ons with turbine simulations that start up in a second, with spiking rpms, like the FSX default turbine airplanes did. Videos I found were not helpful, so I am asking here. Thanks!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Hi Dimitrios,

You can download the manual from their website and look it over, but the starting sequence seems pretty close to the real aircraft. You won't be disappointed, there is a sequence you must adhere to and it takes a little time to get all 3 engines up and running and they spool up gradually.

Cheers

Martin 

Edited by MartinRex007

Excellent, thanks!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

If you do decide to purchase the FA50 I would recommend you get it from the Flysimware web site, that way you will get any updates right away and not have to wait.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

I'm a complete novice to the FA50 even though I can start a cold and dark 747 blindfolded and I can assure you the Falcon's modelling means you have to follow the exact steps and the engines spool up in similar fashion/timeline to any YouTube video you will find.

The added bonus is the aircraft has probably one of the best support levels as an update comes out regularly and with the exterior pbr work and planned refresh of the interior it's only constantly improving .

• Like 1