Sign in to follow this  
DaveS

Sim Elite Time Zone fixer not working?

I have Simelite TImezone fixer and I was under the impression this would correct Daylight savings time. I am starting at flight at KMDW with an 1840z departure. This should be 1:40pm local but when I check the time under time and season settings it shows this as 12:40 still. Would any one have any ideas?

This is P3d v4.4

Thank you

Dave

I'm not sure why you have the error.  I'm also in the CDT zone (Corpus Christi) and I just loaded using 1500L as the simulation time (which was also the local time) and the indicated UTC time in the aircraft is correctly showing as 2000Z.  I am using the SimElite Timezone Fixer, and I don't see any daylight savings issue in their forum.

Make sure your default flight is in your local time zone.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dave, 

it is an endless discussion. There was a long thread about this problem a few weeks ago. I also had your problem with local time and UTC. My solution: Time Zone Fixer and FS Real Time. I start with a default flight in my local time zone. Then I select an airport with a different local time (result: wrong local there). I then start FS Real Time - click on "start autoupdate" and voilà - I get the exact local time of the airport, where my aircraft is waiting. I never found an other way in P3D V4.4 to manage this. Maybe it will help you also. 

Kurt

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2019 at 8:09 PM, downscc said:

Make sure your default flight is in your local time zone.

how do you do this ?

14ppkc-6.png

Yesterday I loaded up the sim at around sunset (my local time) and noticed right away something was wrong. The sim is set to load at system time. The Time and Season setting was showing the time of day as night when it should have said dusk. My location is Indianapolis. The sunsets at 7:50 PM. Using the time preview slider I went back one hour and that's when the sun set in sim at 6:50 PM. It should have set at 7:50 PM.

I use SimElite Time Zone Fixer. It has the latest update V1.4.1_Beta2. So I went back to the previous version V1.4.0 and the sunset time was correct. But this version was prior to switching to DST last Sunday. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

The problem with Indiana before 2006, most of Indiana did not observe daylight saving time (DST). Some counties within this area, particularly Floyd, Clark, and Harrison counties near Louisville, Kentucky, and Ohio and Dearborn counties near Cincinnati, Ohio, unofficially observed DST by local custom. Since April 2006 the entire state observes DST.

I believe the issue is due to Microsoft never updating the world time zones which has carried over to P3D.

FS Real Time doesn't make any difference.

Spoiler

Sunset time for this date is around 7:50 PM.

Time Zone Fixer V1.4.1
This is correct.
Dw8WEOS.jpg

Time Zone Fixer V1.4.1_Beta2 current database
This is incorrect.
C21qJfU.jpg

Edited by BillS511

3 hours ago, tooting said:

how do you do this ?

Under Options|General|Application. Check Use system time for Default Scenario.

On 3/13/2019 at 5:32 PM, ltu6800 said:

Hi Dave, 

it is an endless discussion. There was a long thread about this problem a few weeks ago. I also had your problem with local time and UTC. My solution: Time Zone Fixer and FS Real Time. I start with a default flight in my local time zone. Then I select an airport with a different local time (result: wrong local there). I then start FS Real Time - click on "start autoupdate" and voilà - I get the exact local time of the airport, where my aircraft is waiting. I never found an other way in P3D V4.4 to manage this. Maybe it will help you also. 

Kurt

This works for me also.
But Indiana is another issue as I mentioned in previous post with the sunrise and sunset times in Indiana being off by an hour.

If you notice any discrepancies between the daylight savings time in the simulator and in the real world using the time zone fixer, report it to the simelite forum. They are usually very quick to respond and provide an update.

4 hours ago, BillS511 said:

Under Options|General|Application. Check Use system time for Default Scenario.

Thank you 

14ppkc-6.png

One thing to keep in mind, in the US we're in what I call the "time hole." FSX was written before the 2007 DST extension, where we went from first Sunday April/last Sunday October to second Sunday March/first Sunday November. So FSX/P3D is still on Standard time until  2:00am Sunday April 7 this year. If you play with the time zones right now in the US keep this in mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_time_in_the_United_States#DST_1966

I have 2 default scenarios saved for my home airport, Winter and Summer, and change them a few days after the appropriate dates.

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

3 hours ago, gsand said:

One thing to keep in mind, in the US we're in what I call the "time hole." FSX was written before the 2007 DST extension, where we went from first Sunday April/last Sunday October to second Sunday March/first Sunday November. So FSX/P3D is still on Standard time until  2:00am Sunday April 7 this year. If you play with the time zones right now in the US keep this in mind.

Not if you use time zone fixer...the new bgls replace the ones that come with P3d/FSX, so DST/standard time dates are correct

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Has anyone reported this to L-M via their forum so they can look at fixing it? Seems bizarre having to run two utilities to get correct time in some parts of the world.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Has anyone reported this to L-M via their forum so they can look at fixing it? Seems bizarre having to run two utilities to get correct time in some parts of the world.

I posted over at the SimElite forum last night. Still waiting for my post to be approved by their mods.

9 hours ago, Afterburner said:

If you notice any discrepancies between the daylight savings time in the simulator and in the real world using the time zone fixer, report it to the simelite forum. They are usually very quick to respond and provide an update.

Did so last night.