Sign in to follow this  
DaveS

Sim Elite Time Zone fixer not working?

Compared the dusk times with Louisville KY and Indianapolis. Similar longitudes, same time zone. Sunset times are within 10 mins. of each other.
In sim, the sunset time for Louisville shows 1 hour later than Indy.
Hopefully SimElite can correct this.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day...

Edited by BillS511

3 hours ago, BillS511 said:

I posted over at the SimElite forum last night. Still waiting for my post to be approved by their mods.

But if L-M correct the errors in the BGLs there won’t be a need for 3rd party addons.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

Just received a reply from Victor at SimElite. https://simelite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1148

Bill,

Maybe I’m not making myself clear. Why haven’t you contacted L-M about this so the default BGLs can be corrected? Then, times would be correct without the need for 3rd party utilities.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 3/15/2019 at 12:43 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Bill,

Maybe I’m not making myself clear. Why haven’t you contacted L-M about this so the default BGLs can be corrected? Then, times would be correct without the need for 3rd party utilities.

Ray, I've complained about time zone errors to LM in the past (earlier versions) and the errors have never been fixed.  They admit that for most of the world they just use a simple 15 deg per hour local time zone calculation.  One has to use a time zone fixer just like if you want a decent airport you need to pay.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

4 minutes ago, downscc said:

Ray, I've complained about time zone errors to LM in the past (earlier versions) and the errors have never been fixed.  They admit that for most of the world they just use a simple 15 deg per hour local time zone calculation.  One has to use a time zone fixer just like if you want a decent airport you need to pay.

Okay Dan, understood. I see Bill has posted the problem on L-M forum which is all we as users can do.

I suppose if it’s your local area that’s affected you would be irritated if the time zone wasn’t correct. Is there a list somewhere of the parts of the world affected?

And does one time zone fixer do all is required or do you need two as some in this topic have alluded to?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

And does one time zone fixer do all is required or do you need two as some in this topic have alluded to?

I use the time zone fixer primarily to correct the time zones and it does a pretty good job keeping up to date and Victor over at SimElite was quick to address my issue with Indiana. FS Realtime for me just keeps the real time synced to the system clock so I don't really need it.

If LM were to update the world time zones it would probably be out of date again by the following sim versions.
It looks like the EU has voted to drop DST in by 2021. Time Zone News
Fortunately we have a utility that will keep it all up to date as much as possible.

Edited by BillS511

@BillS511, thanks for that. Did you know there’s a feature in the paid version of FSUIPC to keep the sim time coordinated with the computer’s clock?

I’ll have a look at SimElite.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Did you know there’s a feature in the paid version of FSUIPC to keep the sim time coordinated with the computer’s clock?

Thanks, I saw that mentioned recently. I'll check it out.