If this is not the correct place please move it on...

I have a current problem with Little Nav Map - which is perhaps the best piece of freeware currently available for flight sim.

When going into the map page and trying to scroll down for detail there is a vertical scroll bar section. However now it appears that the scroll bar control doesn't want to be anywhere except at the bottom which means that it is impossible to look at the map in detail.

However I am sure that this problem isn't caused by LNM as I am getting a similar situation with other software not directly related to flight sim although it does have an indirect effect on flight sim. However it is possible that LNM uses some MS software that is the cause of the problem.

Some types of text display that has vertical and horizontal scroll bars will act as is they had a mind of their own - vertical scroll bars want to be at the bottom and horizontal scroll bars on the right hand side. This means that looking at text files is very difficult if not impossible.

I have a feeling that it is something to do with a Windows display software - possibly using what is called "PresentationFontCache.exe".

It is causing me extreme problems and I have not found any solution yet. If anyone knows of this problem and hopefully a solution I would be extremely thankful.

Writing this entry has been hard because of the interference of this problem - This is my third attempt!

Thanks

Malcolm Wright

Hi Malcolm,

this sounds more like an issue with a stuck key or mouse wheel which constantly spits out scroll down events. I'd try to remove all external stuff like joysticks, yoke, mouse and keyboard step by step and see what causes this.

Also remove any macro or autokey programs.

Alex

Alex,

Thanks for the reply. This is roughly what occurred to me in bed last night.

So today I'm going to unplug all my devices and hope that at some stage the problem has gone away.

I keep having a message at boot time saying that "One of the USB devices attatched to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it"

Unfortunately there is not enough information to identify the device. I have a full range of Saitek devices, some plugged into an powered USB hub, so I'll just have to take it step by step.

I think Little NavMap is the greatest add on to Flight sim and I find that I use it a lot for a whole variety of reasons. I am also sure that LNM is not causing the problem and I posted here in case there was a piece of software that you used to draw and allow access to the map. Thank you for LNM.

Malcolm Wright

Just as an update -I have now fixed the problem.

I realised that although I had disconnected the keyboard and all the flight sim bits and  pieces I hadn't tested the mouse properly. I had found another mouse and that gave the same result. All my mice are wireless and today I realised that I hadn't tested the mouse receiver. I went looking for a wired mouse - none around in our household! - however I did find another receiver and plugged it in and - hey presto - it worked. LFM is now working fine - as usual!

I feel a little guilty at not having contributed to this fabulous package so I will try to do so this coming week.

Thanks for your help and advice.

All the best

Malcolm Wright

P.S. I like this new ability to specify data for the aircraft that we use. However I am a little unclear as to where this information is available. Does it mean flying every plane in my hanger- a fairly big one!- to collect the data or is there a legal, publicly avilable database anywhere where this infor can be found - especially fuel usage.

MW

Edited by Malcolm Wright
typo in original!

Hi Malcolm,

thanks for the feedback. Good to know. I did not think even about wireless mice.

I'm trying to gather aircraft performance files but currently there are only files I collected during my flying (all X-Plane) https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/Aircraft Performance/

I'm begging people to send me theirs but did not get a single file yet. You can always leave copyright, creator name, email or whatever you like in the comments section in the performance data.

Best regards,

Alex

7 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Hi Malcolm,

thanks for the feedback. Good to know. I did not think even about wireless mice.

I'm trying to gather aircraft performance files but currently there are only files I collected during my flying (all X-Plane) https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/Aircraft Performance/

I'm begging people to send me theirs but did not get a single file yet. You can always leave copyright, creator name, email or whatever you like in the comments section in the performance data.

Best regards,

Alex

I didn't know about this request. Sounds like something I could actually do in spare moments. If I get round to it where do I send them? Is there an export function? Repost link here with details if you have already done this. 

🙂

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

23 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I didn't know about this request. Sounds like something I could actually do in spare moments. If I get round to it where do I send them? Is there an export function? Repost link here with details if you have already done this. 

My request was the answer when people asked for the files.:wink:

There is no special export function for this in LNM. You can simply save the .lnmperf file (it is a simple INI-like text file) and send it to my by email.

Aircraft Performance

Alex