Sign in to follow this  
PaulVR

To those who are "dissapointed"...

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

>To be honest FSX looks like the dreams of an FS2 user come>true... 20+ years later...You and me both Tom! I was interested in having a simulation of flight so much that I got a Vic-20 when from my father when it came out and started writing my own simulator. Only to find out that 2K of memory didn't last with a Basic program driving ASCII characters!Each time for me has seen that progression as well so I appreciate any and all changes regardless how MINOR they may seem. Traffic, Lighting, Wildlife, Audio, Water & Reflections all sound good to me!Carmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gifhttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7118/phoenixtp8mg.jpg

Same here. I didn't realize that shipping lanes were included until that review from avsim, plus migrating animals and car traffic based on location and time of day. It's the subtle details that do it for me, FS9 looks good, FSX looks even better, even in the beta stage, I just don't get the negativity?Graphics improved, internal workings optimized, better simulation of the planet, what's not to look forward to?Ian.

>I just don't get the negativity?Me neither, nice to see a thread with some positive comments, couldn't agree more with the original post.

Guest thedoggg

"this is FS9 on stereoids..."I wrote something similar to that in a recent post (I think it wasn't here though). Ill admit I was skeptical but after reading the latest review I do think it is a step forward, even if we don't get everything we wanted. Which we will probably get from third parties anyways.Regards, Carlos

Guest Tomlin

There are a TON of new features not found in the default FS9. Here's one that I thought of years ago, and cant believe it's finally in FSX:"Have you ever noticed that there wasn

>I`m so sick and tired of people praising fsx no matter>what...they could have presented screenshots of FS 1.0 and>some of you here would still be cheering...I am all for being>positive, but from what I`ve seen so far, this is FS9 on>stereoids...and I think that 40 people working full time in 3>years should come up with more than we`ve seen up until now. I>still live in hope though...You cannot possibly as "sick and tired" as many of the rest of us are about the unfounded and completely specious whining, b*ing and moaning made by some who haven't yet realized that only a very tiny portion of what FSX contains has been made public yet.Nor do the same said individuals seem aware that not all of the "positive comments" are made by "a really excited user," but rather those who have sure and certain knowledge, but are prohibited from disclosing how they know what they know.There have certainly been enough "hints dropped" that anyone who reads carefully and critically can discern. For that matter, Robert's report from the Press Conference was even more explicit!"Microsoft is working directly with add-on developers to ensure all their products will work with FS-X. This includes payware and freeware developers (Squawkbox, FSUIPC)." (Redactor's note: emphasis mine)How much more clearly could it be stated? ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I just want to add my positive voice to all this.I was on here yesterday and I saw that review and it looked great. I sawsomething that I had been worried about - the 'vector' data for the coastlines. I like to see the world as close to as it really is andthis looks like a giant leap forward.I have the feeling that FSX will run much better than FS9 (its just speculation).It seemed to me that FS2002 ran better than 2004 but FS9 was so muchnicer to look at. I'm sure that FSX will be even nicer to look at, willrun even better, and have everything that FS9 has - just better.One request to MS or anyone really: I've never flown into an area andcaught the fireworks going off. It would be nice to have a 'travel guide' (or whatever you might call it) so we know when to be flyingin what part of the world to see all these 'migratory animals followingmigratory routes'.Another thing: I'm really glad to finally have moving ships and boats. It just wasn't right to pass a ship and then land and then takeoff again and pass the ship in the exact same spot.A 3rd thing: I don't know what goes into creating things but, in the past, I saw people who wanted moving trees and moving grass. It seemsto me that if the ability to create animals is there then grass and treesshould'nt be much different (but I am not a designer and I really have no idea).It all looks good to me. The downloadable trail version is a great idea.I saw on fsinsider a video on how the clouds are made. I'm pretty surethat this means that this is no longer how clouds are made ;) I just haveone request for clouds: If you are above a cloud deck and the sun is shiningbrightly then those clouds should be bright white. Maybe its a DX9 thingor maybe its my graphics card.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

One other thing I noticed from the screenshots that I really like...it looks like there are large trees that go right up to the waters edgein some areas. I hope there are vertical(near vertical) cliff faces as well.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Just to clarify something:When I say that adding animated grass and trees should not be difficult,I mean that an add on designer should be able to create those thingsfor use around airports ( for those that want such things).

Guest alex333

>Lets make our own "noise" in this forum and show the>complainers they are in the minority!>>Brew Thanks Brew for those comments, I absolutely agree with you :)

Well on forums like this you have a number of children posting not to mention those who just whine about anything in general. I think the majority of users support the MSFS team and that there is even a FSX coming out for us to use and enjoy. I have been pretty happy with FS9, it's not perfect yet not having it would mean using other sims that do not compare in my mind to the strong comunity base, add-ons etc that FS generates. I will buy it the day it is out, other than some FPS I am looking forward to this year, I cannot think of a computer "game" that has me as excited as FSX................Randy J. Smith................CAUTION! My views represent no one but my own. While I do help companies test products - this in no way means I represent them in ANY fashion.[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest firehawk44

I totally agree Brew. FSX will be a major improvement and I look forward to getting my copy at the AVSIM convention. I am positive I will not be disappointed with the new sim and even look forward to upgrading my system's hardware/software when DX10 comes out sometime next year.Best regards,JimYoung

Good post, Brew. I absolutely and wholeheartedly agree with you. I've had every version of FS since 2.0 (Yes, that makes me a dinosaur! :-) ) As always, I'm excited about the upcoming release of a new version of Flight Simulator, and from the screenshots I've seen so far this will be quite a visual feast! Very much looking forward to FSX, and once again I want to take this opportunity to thank the ACES team for their participation and contributions to this forum. It's been great, and I look forward to more information, screen shots and "insider info" from the guys working on the sim. Thanks guys!

Ken