Sign in to follow this  
robrooke

Bush flying Tasmania

Mike,

Could you please locate at YGTO and post a screen capture showing runway and buildings for this airport?

I disabled mwl_YGTO_AFX.bgl which solved my elevation problem, but I have a low-res runway...looks like PR. If all else fails, I can use it with this file disabled...at least the airport isn't 300 ft. or so above the surrounding terrain.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Here is a screenshot of the runway and buildings at YTGO.
(Screenshot removed. It served its purpose.)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Mike,

Thank for the image. It appears that all I am missing with the disabled file are hires runway and taxiway surfaces, and the hanger with the blue doors. I'll load in and takeoff and land and make sure I don't sink into the ground, or something strange like that.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Mike,

One last question...in LittleNavMap, if you hover over YGTO, right mouse click and select "Show information for airport...", what do you see for elevation?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Roman,

Yeah, it's interesting, LNM tells me over 400', but if I open the bgl in Airport Design Editor, it say the elevation is 134'. I'm trying a reinstall to see if I can fix it.

Thanks

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Roger, what HAVE you started? I've NEVER seen so much traffic in a Saturday night flight thread! :ohmy:

• Like 2

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

Roger, what HAVE you started? I've NEVER seen so much traffic in a Saturday night flight thread! :ohmy:

Ron,  I think that observation deserves a like😊

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Cmon, your picking on me!

Okay, Okay, I know i've burned this thing up, but I FOUND THE PROBLEM. I have fsaerodata installed, and for whatever reason, the comms scenery entry causes a conflict with SOME airports. It appears to be layer order related. If the comms entry is above the "problem scenery" then the elevation is fine, but if the "problem scenery" is on a layer below fsaerodata comms, then the elevation problem shows up.

Interestingly, I had an elevation problem with LLH Scenery LFHM-Megeve, that sure enough is solved if I disable fsaerodata comms, or move LFHM below fsaerodata comms...WTH?

Shatters everything I thought I knew about scenery layering...the higher the layer, the higher the priority. Oh well, you learn something new (that you really didn't want to have to know) every day!

Thanks Mike and Roman, your input helped lead me to the cause.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

After doing some more digging, I've learned that elevation and airport name are determined by the FIRST instance (lowest layered) of an airport, as read by P3D. Not sure why LM has done it this way, but it's completely opposite of how P3D handles all other airport elements - where the last read airport file has the highest priority.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Does anyone run FTX Global Vector AEC when installing or uninstalling scenery?

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Right, hard hat and flak jacket on...  Change of plan, I'll be flying with you all tonight, our visitors cancelled due to illness.  Just reinstalled OzX in P3D, now to see what it looks like..... 

Ron,

I suspect most if not all of us do, however, AEC doesn't seem to consider, or do anything with YGTO. I only run AEC if I notice a problem, which anymore, seems to be rare.

Glad you can make it CD...now, hopefully I'll be able to fly along.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

FYI. In P3D at YSMI (Smithton, Tasmania), sunset occurs just at about 6:30pm (1830) local time. (Thinking Tony's Tiny Place...)

Also, if you are new to using the OZx strips, please check your email for a helpful tool by Bliksimpie.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I do run AEC every time I install or uninstall a scenery.

• Upvote 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider