Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

New all-in-one installer for World Traffic 3.

For those who have been on the fence because installing WT3 is a hassle, here you go:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/153906-wt3-airlines-and-aircraft-updates/&page=14

After installing WT3 itself, all you have to do is use that installer (Win only, everybody else gets a zipfile however), and all aircraft are installed.

You still need to generate or download ground routes for airports, but with the new version (it's a test release only available in the forum) it's a lot easier. That new test version also includes a full demo for KSEA, so download it, install the planes in the link above, and enjoy full functionality at KSEA. Here's a link to the test version (Win only):

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/171027-wt-3110r-test-version-for-windows/

With the new release on the horizon, WT3 is really shaping up!

• Upvote 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Being a relative newcomer to Xplane 11, could you tell me if this program is comparable to the Live Traffic program that I just learned of in a recent post on this forum? I find your posts are very helpful to me on a wide range of topics. There are others that post in this forum who, as you, seem to know what they are talking about. The Live Traffic  program seems to be a very intensive undertaking and many folders, which I am trying to steer away from  after coming from MFS and P3D. "Live schedules" are not important to me, however some airport activity would be welcome. Skip

Re WT3 - bought it months ago, ended up rezipping it - not for those in the 80+ age group.

• Upvote 1

The quality of an add-on is relative to what the sim provides as a default. WT 3 is a great improvement, but that's because the built-in AI traffic is awful. With the new installer, WT 3 is about as good as the payware AI Traffic add-ons for P3d4, but still well below the quality of AIG.

2 hours ago, skipph said:

Being a relative newcomer to Xplane 11, could you tell me if this program is comparable to the Live Traffic program that I just learned of in a recent post on this forum? I find your posts are very helpful to me on a wide range of topics. There are others that post in this forum who, as you, seem to know what they are talking about. The Live Traffic  program seems to be a very intensive undertaking and many folders, which I am trying to steer away from  after coming from MFS and P3D. "Live schedules" are not important to me, however some airport activity would be welcome. Skip

It is most certainly better than the free Live Traffic plug-in. Live traffic doesn't work on the ground, so if you want realistic aircraft movement at a given airport, there's no way around World Traffic 3. It also has autogenerated traffic (as opposed to real life traffic), which is very light on frames. You can easily have a few dozen AI planes without losing more than maybe a single frame per second, it's very efficient. Yes, it takes some time to setup, and you will need to generate (via dropdown menu in X-Plane, or download) ground routes (the routes aircraft travel from runway to gate and back) for every airport you want to use it with.

It got a lot easier with the aircraft installer I posted above, but you still have to work through the manual. It might seem intimidating at first but once you get a grip, it's a breeze.

Here you can download ground routes, note that they should fit your installed scenery:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/category/159-world-traffic-ground-routes/

-

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Re WT3 - bought it months ago, ended up rezipping it - not for those in the 80+ age group.

You should give it another try. I am here to help with difficulties you may run into. Use the files I posted above.

-