Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

new VIDEO ...atc..

Funny & "cute". But didn't see anything that screamed "I'm FSX!!!"(not counting ending title, which you could slap on anything).So quit teasing us with the 'fake' FSX videos! :(

>Funny & "cute". But didn't see anything that screamed "I'm>FSX!!!"(not counting ending title, which you could slap on>anything).>>So quit teasing us with the 'fake' FSX videos! :( UNFORTUNATLY this IS fsx....brds>>

Could see how you might say that. There are 2 main reasons why I say no.1st Autogen looks FS9(1a. ground textures too). 2nd, stunt planes in multiplayer almost looked 'layered' onto the video.Sure Frankfort's airport had service vehicles moving about (FSX feature), but its not like there aren't addons of Frankfort out there for FS9.

>Could see how you might say that. There are 2 main reasons>why I say no.>>1st Autogen looks FS9(1a. ground textures too). 2nd, stunt>planes in multiplayer almost looked 'layered' onto the video.>>Sure Frankfort's airport had service vehicles moving about>(FSX feature), but its not like there aren't addons of>Frankfort out there for FS9.>I understand that you are disapointed .... I`m toobrds

Not disapointed at all. Mostly cause this isn't an official Microsoft video. So I'm treating it as such. Meaning not official and homemade and no representation of what the final product might hold. ;) Either way, each that passes we get a day closer to see the final product(barring any delays). :)

My first impressions were: FSX has turned into a game indeed :(This was inevitable, but I hope that all the flying lessons have not been replaced by the 'missions' and multiplayer. Sure, I'll get FSX, but I'll pay closer attention to X-Plane as well.Pat

>Not disapointed at all. Mostly cause this isn't an official>Microsoft video. So I'm treating it as such. Meaning not>official and homemade and no representation of what the final>product might hold. ;) >>Either way, each that passes we get a day closer to see the>final product(barring any delays). :) Bob... trust me THIS IS OFFICIAL MS VIDEO from MS Conference in Redmond... sorry , but after OVER 3 YEARS of work on FSX , I suspect more "fresh" inovations... at hot:- better 737 cockpit- default (who fly on it?? )- airport traffic - we have it already in fs9- touchdown -the same like fs9 - really nothing new to say o yeahhhh 3 YEARS OF GOOD WORK!!so for now ... let `see final productbrds

Guest dpc

>The Korean girl in the video was kinda cute...>>Bryan:-beerchug

>Bob... trust me THIS IS OFFICIAL MS VIDEO from MS Conference>in Redmond... sorry , but after OVER 3 YEARS of work on FSX ,>I suspect more "fresh" inovations... Any "official video" would be hosted at http://fsinsider.com or another MS website... not Project Magenta...It was cute, it was funny, but I sincerely doubt "official" in any meaningful sense.BTW, the "Redmond Conference" doesn't start until tomorrow...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest grapesh

I think it IS new FSX! Ground on final approach looks good from the far distance. Aerobatic rolls look funny...Janda, thanks for the find!

Guest twsimfan

Thanks Janda...No doubt in my mind that it is from MS... it is their style all the way & the humor is great. MS is just trying to make a point about a shared envronment not trying to show off all the new features. :)I flew probably 20 flights total in FSX at IFC Denver. It doesn't look a lot different from FS04 but what differences that are there are stunning. And the best news is that it will get even better once Vista & DX10 are available... well once we can afford the hardware to make use of it that is. :-lol

Its a lousy annoying video....and a little twisted (which I liked)However, it only tells me, that multiple people can use it like in "GROUPWARE"...1. It could be a VATSIM like technology that comes default. We may not need any addons.2. Now It looks like multiple people are able to see other airplane models.. Thats a good thing.Thats all I got out of it.Who they target to sell this.. is irrelevant to me. They could have had this entire video and commercials made for this in Chinese for all I care.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter