Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

new VIDEO ...atc..

Guest Tomlin

I say that it's altogether really from MS. I liked it a lot! What a great sense of humour and I think that I noticed a lot more improvments than what was pointed out above. See this too from the PM site:Topic: New FSX video (1 of 1), Read 27 times Conf: Support From: Katy Pluta katy@projectmagenta.com Date: Thursday, July 13, 2006 04:58 PM Enrico who is at Seattle at a MS press conference today uploaded thisnew video with permission (40Mb):http://www.projectmagenta.com/video/SharedSkies.wmv===All the best!Katy Pluta, MS_MVP for Flight Simulatorhttp://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Was it me or did I notice a bit of head movement when he pulls back in the 737 no one will use?Ian.

Guest JuiceRabbit

that's freaking funny! :)

looks worse than my current fs 9 setup BUT did anyone notice the awesome VC in 1:57? I had to take a double take and pause that shot. Looks like pmdg stuff... if that's default, then we should really see some good stuff come out from the aftermarket.

If in fact that is an official video it was a big let down for me. The one sequence of the 2 doing the roll together was still jerky looking, like what we are used to in MP. I also picked up on using the Xbox controller to land the r22, nice try but I still dislike consoles. Sad to see a deserted airport again. I did like the wheel compression on the front of the caravan when it stopped, along with the tire inflation, very cool.I agree, the girl was nice!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/tfbeta.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest sssummer

There is no doubt the is an official MS FSX trailer. 1) This is professionally done, with professional acting, editing, sound, etc.2) The kid is using an XBOX controller, which they keep hyping.3) They have hinted extensively about muliplayer, and the whole video emphasis is on multiplayer.4) The jet coming in for a landing is your classic MS generic aircraft.5) The airport detail (or should I say lack there of) is your typical dull, lack of detail and texture airport, and not the one from FS9.Like it or not, this is your FSX.

Guest SJDickson

I liked it a lot. It's clearly promotional material aimed at the casual player but the fact that they're emphasizing the multiplayer aspect (including multi-seat cockpits, maybe?) is very encouraging.

Looks like they filmed the caravan portion with the sky diving aircraft at harvey field in snohomish washington.

Guest jbrians

This video is specifically intended to show off multiplayer stuff - I wouldn't draw too many conclusions about other aspects of FSX from it. You guys all want better ATC - what computer can be better than a real human being tower controller? The video shows it in a very gamey and casual way, but it doesn't take much imagination to see how the same features could be well applied to the serious simmer's experience.

Guest pumaknight

I may be missing the point, but this video had me rolling with laughter........good humour indeed. Who cares what it looks like, it captures the essence of most of my MP experiences....I am most like the 737 pilot in flying ability :-)Good flying all

>I may be missing the point, but this video had me rolling>with laughter........good humour indeed. Who cares what it>looks like, it captures the essence of most of my MP>experiences....I am most like the 737 pilot in flying ability>:-)>>Good flying allHahaha - wouldn't you too fly like that if you had a bagel in one hand and the stick in the other? :)I thought the video was quite entertaining. It is clear that the target viewer of this video isn't the hardcore simmer, such as those who populate these forums, but someone who is new to flight sim and is curious. Why would they spend so much time and effort into targeting those of us who are pretty much considered a "sure thing?" I know that no matter what discussion transpires in these forums about what is liked or disliked about FSX, 90% of you will get FSX, sooner or later.What's wrong with putting a humorous spin on something we enjoy to increase the user-base?Regards,Owen

Guest Captain Behrentzs

If this is FSX, I'm a bit dissapointed. Still looks like the same dirty airport buildings, the same repeation ground textures and the same old t/d effect. But: I like the autogen near the airp, that looks so real! Also, we now know that there will be AI-Viachles in FSX, and thats a great thing! The VC of the 737, yes. It LOOKS LIKE PMDG!! }(And btw, it's a #### funny video:PGreat find, and thx for sharing!Kasper BehrentzsDenmarkALL NEWS FROM FSX COLLECTED AT ONE PLACE!MY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.com http://pic.piczo.com/img/i167876616_71278.gif

FSX looks very good so far. It looks much more 3D like -- buildings and such. You get much more of a sense of speed when landing -- perhaps due to new runway textures. I thought the presentation was silly. Most of us take of simming seriously. However, we are probably less than one percent of the folks who will purchase it. The other 99 percent will sit in computers and won't get used again after three days.However, if goofy presentations make it sell in larger quantities that will ultimately benefit us (in the form of future versions), then so be it.Bottom Line: FSX looks super thus far!RH

>Any "official video" would be hosted at http://fsinsider.com>or another MS website... not Project Magenta...>>It was cute, it was funny, but I sincerely doubt "official" in>any meaningful sense.I would like to apologize to Janda and retract the above statement, since I have now received confirmation directly from my contact at ACES that this is indeed an "officially promo teaser," produced by the MS PR department.I will now read the remainder of this thread... ;)EDIT: Having read the rest of the thread, I join in with Owen's comments, as well as the person who suggested that "if this helps sell more..." it's a good thing.We all know that this bit of whimsy is targeted directly towards the 90+% of the "Great Unwashed Gamer" market... :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator