Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Vskylabs Icon-A5

I write news about freeware and payware. I won´t change that because of you. You dont like it? Fine!

I would have cared if you would have written me a PM instead of attacking me in public.

• Like 1

Hi Nils,

I appreciate what you are doing here! Thanks to you i bought this experimental aircraft. And i love it!

Not to mention those beautiful liveries for the awesome AW139 helicopter!

Keep up the good work Nils!!

Kind regards,

Bouwe

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

2 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

I write news about freeware and payware. I won´t change that because of you. You dont like it? Fine!

I would have cared if you would have written me a PM instead of attacking me in public.

When did i attack you ? i didn't say you are this or that blah blah .... or say anything wrong about you.

I am just giving my opinion that's all.  

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

3 hours ago, bbking said:

Hi Nils,

I appreciate what you are doing here! Thanks to you i bought this experimental aircraft. And i love it!

Not to mention those beautiful liveries for the awesome AW139 helicopter!

Keep up the good work Nils!!

Kind regards,

Bouwe

Many thanks, Bouwe! I´m glad that you enjoy her too.

2 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

When did i attack you ? i didn't say you are this or that blah blah .... or say anything wrong about you.

I am just giving my opinion that's all.  

But this thread is about the Icon A5 and not about me. So, either you have a opinion about the plane or simply leave this thread. You did turn this thread into a personal attack against me by providing your opinion about me. But this thread is about the Icon A5.

17 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

How functional is the center screen? Is there a moving map?

Sorry, i did miss your post. The autopilot and the AviTab is integrated in the center screen.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

Many thanks, Bouwe! I´m glad that you enjoy her too.

But this thread is about the Icon A5 and not about me. So, either you have a opinion about the plane or simply leave this thread. You did turn this thread into a personal attack against me by providing your opinion about me. But this thread is about the Icon A5.

Sorry you are taking this personally which was never my intention. Don't know why do you keep saying personal attack. Give me a reason why should I  be doing a personal attack.  Did you mean by me saying "marketing" ? Then no it was not in those intentions.

My point was only about you posting release stuff all the time that's all. I just had an opinion. 

Ok leaving this thread. 

Edited by HumptyDumpty

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

On 3/15/2019 at 5:23 PM, signmanbob said:

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a pretty unique aircraft so I don't mind spending a little more for it.

In order for developers to up their game, we have to be willing to spend some money.  I have no problem with that.

An air, sea and land craft certainly is fun to have in our Sims.... VSkyLabs has been so good in niche products, hand fliers and as a Light Sport Pilot with about twenty hours in this class of aircraft (except on a seaplane), I can vouch for their outstanding flight dynamics.  But I was turned on to their products by someone else who posted one of their aircraft in the screenshots forum. 

They have built an aircraft I have read about, always wanted to fly, a single place Benson type Gyro, and although 45 knots is about max speed for it, being meant for short commutes, it is hands down the most unique, and from what I have read from Gyro pilots, accurate Gyro ever created for a sim. 

It would be cool if they apply their same finesses to a two place model, I know there is a freeware model out there but it flies like a copter, and not a gyro.  The VSkylabs Gyro truly flies like one, with the rotor always in auto-rotation, and I have done <10 foot ground roll landings using energy management during descent with the power at idle.  Even did a power off landing just to prove it could be done safely in a sim, first auto-rotation I ever completed perfectly between MSFS/P3D and Xplane.

I have found that Xplane can model flight dynamics that my license of P3D simply can't, this is the safest place to say it, lol...  Especially since I am probably more experienced in slow flight, real life flying than many here, with my core flying in Microlights and even lighter Part 103 trikes...  And Trikes are a blast to fly and that is one thing the MSFS platform allowed me to create, the most perfect flying Part 103 trike I could ever have flown, a good 20 knots slower than the default trike they had. 

VSkylabs also has Trikes for Xplane11 but they are a tad touchy with thrust and do not feel like the trikes I have flown in real life, they can "duck under" if thrust is applied too much on the ground, and in my real life trike flying I never had that issue.  Part of the reason might be a slight out of trim issue with the flight model but I have only tweaked one flight model in Xplane, the Space Shuttle's by adding fuel for a ground powered takeoff, lol..

John

4 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

So awesome, where did you get the Thai Island scenery?

The video wasn´t made by me. I only found it. Here you can get the scenery: 

Edited by jt8d9a

Nice video, thanks for posting. We have a Icon A5 here at Montgomery field, San Diego that I see flying around all the time. Demo rides for prospective buyers I suppose.

• Like 1