Sign in to follow this  
PierreFSX

Trying to upgrade to ver 7.2.9

Hi,

I just installed the new version of MCE 2.7.9. When I start P3D 4.4 and MCE. I get the message "copilot Listening ...on Boeing B77L" but when I ask for "Preflight checklist" nothing happens. I cannot talk to the co-pilot. I know my microphone is working I ran the "app wizard" and everything was find. It's been a wild since I use MCE, but should I get a welcome message from the co-pilot?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZFZo54ZmL64XExI7rnpnIwtXWqi7EOGT

Any help would be appreciated

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

13 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Hi,

I just installed the new version of MCE 2.7.9. When I start P3D 4.4 and MCE. I get the message "copilot Listening ...on Boeing B77L" but when I ask for "Preflight checklist" nothing happens. I cannot talk to the co-pilot. I know my microphone is working I ran the "app wizard" and everything was find. It's been a wild since I use MCE, but should I get a welcome message from the co-pilot?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZFZo54ZmL64XExI7rnpnIwtXWqi7EOGT

Any help would be appreciated

Pierre

Welcome back Pierre.

Could be because you have multiple audio inputs and MCE is st to listen or output on the wrong one.

Go to <About> tab to check which ones MCE is set on. Check "Sound In" and "Sound Out"

If you think it's wrong, run the "assign sound device".

Windows menu Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Assign sound device.

Select correct "Audio In" and "Audio Out", click OK and the tool will make the necessary adjustments if required.

Thanks you for the reply,

I have check what input and output devices MCE is using, and everything seems ok,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Se3XD_SeZsPbTxecEpb2zD_pFSvIIam/view?usp=sharing

As you can see the output and input device are map the same way in P3D and MCE. I also ran the assign sound device.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10p052WwMPDmpYj2YKPkvNU0gWa5xY9kP/view?usp=sharing

I have test my microphone with the Speech Recognition utility in window control panel and the microphone works.

When I start MCE I do hear the introduction, then I hear the ramp coordinator (I have GSX). When I push my PTT assigned button I do hear the static noise,

But when I say "start preflight checklist" or when pushing my PTT button I ask "dispatch please send catering services" I get no action.

Very weird

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

21 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Thanks you for the reply,

I have check what input and output devices MCE is using, and everything seems ok,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Se3XD_SeZsPbTxecEpb2zD_pFSvIIam/view?usp=sharing

As you can see the output and input device are map the same way in P3D and MCE. I also ran the assign sound device.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10p052WwMPDmpYj2YKPkvNU0gWa5xY9kP/view?usp=sharing

I have test my microphone with the Speech Recognition utility in window control panel and the microphone works.

When I start MCE I do hear the introduction, then I hear the ramp coordinator (I have GSX). When I push my PTT assigned button I do hear the static noise,

But when I say "start preflight checklist" or when pushing my PTT button I ask "dispatch please send catering services" I get no action.

Very weird

Pierre

The PTT button should only used for ATC commnunication.

When you hold PTT down, all speech commands for FO and other crew members interaction is suspended and ATC commands are enabled.

The opposite happens when you release it.

Since you have a Realtek audio device with a headset connected to it, I suggest you follow advice in this thread in order to improve your experience further.

Make sure you're on the latest MCE version

Thank you for the info,

Last night I suffer from a Win 10 crash and I have to re-install my PC. So it will take me a few days to do that and start testing Multicrew experience again.

Will get back if I still have problem.

Pierre 

Pierre Nantel

A question regarding updating to newer versions:

Do you have to uninstall older versions first before installing a newer one, or can you just run the new setup and the setup will take care of updating?

Thank you!

21 hours ago, PhillT said:

A question regarding updating to newer versions:

Do you have to uninstall older versions first before installing a newer one, or can you just run the new setup and the setup will take care of updating?

Thank you!

Uninstall previous version via Windows Control Panel.

Do not delete anything manually.

Download (save) new version. Unzip and run "InstallMCE"

• Like 1

Hi, 

I found the problem, it was the Realteck audio driver. I un-intalled the driver and now i use the window default one. I reinstall MCE lastest version and now i have a co-pilot.

Thank you for your help.

Pierre Nantel