Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

LorbyLiveTraffic: Current version 1.19 b08

Hello @ll,

there have been several changes in the latest versions of LLTX:

• Simulator AI mode has been improved, and an option has been added to use RouteFinder to make the AI use more realistic routes
    (This "Simulator AI" mode means that LLTX creates "standard" simulator AI using the real world traffic current position plus departure and arrival airports. These AI will interact fully with ATC and with you - but they won't fly the real world routes, just either "direct" (default) or "plausible" (when activating RouteFinder). This works best when connected to the InsideSystems RealTraffic app, since that data is more accurate than the free-to-use data sources).
  • Traffic can be limited to a certain "layer" below you. Especially in Simulator AI mode, for example not having ground traffic while cruising where you can't see it anyway should help performance.
  • The live weather injection has been made more complex, including (randomized) winds aloft and visibility layers
  • LLTX can keep your simulator synced to the current UTC time
  • FLAI database mapping has been updated to the latest FLAI download. Some of the FLAI models don't have radios and so they never depart in Simulator AI mode - this can be fixed using the AiAircraftTweaker app, which is also freeware on the Lorby-SI site.
    And please take note of this: 

Example of LLTX using RouteFinder for "plausible" AI routes:
46669338894_0a05a93d55_o.jpg

Example of ground traffic in Simulator AI mode (= with ATC interaction and guidance)
40426946193_8a31320379_o.jpg

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Hello Oliver,

I love this program, thank you.

I still get in Live Mode the aircraft spelt out as the airline name using PF3 as previously discussed but I am used to it now and it does not bother me, as I prefer the live traffic patterns around me.

With regards to Simulator AI mode, that works for me with regards to I get proper ATC callsign so I am happy to retry but I am not sure I understand the instructions?

Do I simply select the Simulator AI radial button, click the Route Finder button so it opens, connect Real Traffic, then fly? Does having Route Finder simply open sufficient, so it automatically generates the routes?

I know I could just experiment but I am 5000nm away from my computer so I thought I would ask for more info before I return home!

Kind regards,

Mark

1 hour ago, mwa05 said:

Do I simply select the Simulator AI radial button, click the Route Finder button so it opens, connect Real Traffic, then fly? Does having Route Finder simply open sufficient, so it automatically generates the routes?

Hello Mark,

just flip the radio button over to Simulator AI mode. You don't have to use RouteFinder, LLTX calculates a "Direct GPS" route on its own. But tf you want to use it, click on the button to open the RouteFinder window, then minimize it or just leave it be - you don't have to do anything else.

Please be aware that the free data sources aren't really well suited for Simulator AI mode. In a great many instances the departure and arrival airports are wrong or not transmitted at all. LLTX will try to compensate for that - but to make it really shine you need RealTraffic. At least that is my own preferred setup currently, LLTX with FLAI models, RealTraffic & RouteFinder in Simulator AI mode.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver, I will revert back to Simulator AI mode, and try the new functionality out with Route Finder.

I do use Real Traffic, so will have the same set up as you to try.

Thanks!