Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Tu 134: Gilgit to Kathmandu

Our last trip into Gilgit was with an F 27, now for the longer trip from Gilgit to Kathmandu (1370 km or 850 miles) we needed something faster. As always, should you want to see the pics in their original size, please click on them twice

Gilgit.jpg 

Tu-134-1.jpg 

Tu-134-4.jpg 

Tu-134-9.jpg 

Tu-134-13.jpg 

Tu-134-16.jpg 

Tu-134-22.jpg 

Tu-134-27.jpg 

Tu-134-28.jpg 

Tu-134-31.jpg 

Tu-134-34.jpg

We are now in the southern part of the Nepalese airspace. While the Pakistani/Indian site showed a more brownish terrain, this one is slightly greener, just like in the real world

Tu-134-39.jpg 

Tu-134-42.jpg 

Tu-134-47.jpg

Dead ahead in the distance you can see Mt. Everest

Tu-134-57.jpg 

Tu-134-65.jpg

Turning towards Kathmandu

Tu-134-69.jpg

I have to admit, I just love this photoscenery. It is really like flying in the real world, when colouring etc is spot on. And it is soooo different from default scenery and nothing else is otherwise available if you want to fly in this part of the world

Tu-134-72.jpg

Tu-134-78.jpg

Tu-134-83.jpg 

Tu-134-84.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Like 4

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Great shots! Did you create the scenery with ortho4xp? If so, which source did you use?

1 hour ago, jt8d9a said:

Great shots! Did you create the scenery with ortho4xp? If so, which source did you use?

+1

Bernd: I absolutely agree with what you say:
"I have to admit, I just love this photoscenery. It is really like flying in the real world, when colouring etc is spot on. And it is soooo different from default scenery and nothing else is otherwise available if you want to fly in this part of the world...",

Especially for this specific region, you've been exploring, and I'm always interested in (for SIM-flying). I've indeed tried other options for this region (photoscenery or otherwise)...was hoping MSE to come up with something, but none so far...

But, on top of Nil's question (above), could you tell: Did you have to do much customization or run into any (un-usual) PC/disk-space issues for it? They really look great (the best I've seen). Also, it appears, you have a fairly large chunk of the region already under your radar (for continuous flying)...

Bernd, this thread is really great, as while it shows an overwhelming landscape, I also learned about the fact that there's a Tu-134 for XP (even a B model). I'm looking forward to more pictures of this plane at far places!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Many thanks for your comments, gents

19 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Did you create the scenery with ortho4xp? If so, which source did you use?

Yes, Nils, I did. I used Bing at zoomlevel 16

17 hours ago, P_7878 said:

But, on top of Nil's question (above), could you tell: Did you have to do much customization or run into any (un-usual) PC/disk-space issues for it? They really look great (the best I've seen). Also, it appears, you have a fairly large chunk of the region already under your radar (for continuous flying)...

No, P_7878, I didn't have any issues with the download. Luckily I also didn't have to do any customization. But this is not always the case. When I tried to download photoscenery of Papua New Guinea (I have been there a few times), most of it had clouds in their scenery, so it was of no use and I gave up on it. This is always the problem with photoscenery, you rely on good data, if you do not want to use photoshop and manipulate the photos, which is a lot of work. 

In order to save on disk space I only downloaded the photoscenery area around Gilgit and most of Nepal.

13 hours ago, HaraldG said:

I'm looking forward to more pictures of this plane at far places!

I'll try not to disappoint you, Harald 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Bernd: Thanks. Yes, it makes sense that, in some cases, there would be need for manipulation...but, it appears, most often, you do not need it...which is nice and really opens up the Ortho possibility for such interesting regions. These regions would be otherwise inaccessible (to us in the SIM) until (hoping for ever...) some vendor decides to create it.

Of course, the vendors must be also doing a great deal of the same manipulation to make the product palatable and sell-able...

• Like 1

I fully agree with you, it really opens up a completely new experience for us "simmers". For Europe and North America you certainly get pretty good data. The same is true for Africa, it rarely rains there 😉. Asia is more difficult. I was lucky with the portion of the Himalayas that I downloaded. I tried the Philippines and Taiwan, lots of clouds. I haven't checked on South America yet, flying along the Andes in photoreal must be fascinating.

• Like 1