Sign in to follow this  
Gary_Hayes

I finally gave it a try...

Well I finally decided to give this X-Plane 11 a go, and I must say I am impressed with the right addons and scenery it looks great!!!  A short hop from Dallas to Albuquerque, enjoy! (no retouching done, only resized from 4K to 1080)

ps.. Now that I have discovered Ortho scenery.....RIP hard drive, been nice knowing ya

b738_1.jpg

b738_2.jpg

b738_3.jpg

b738_6.jpg

b738_7.jpg

b738_8.jpg

Edited by Gary_Hayes
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

If your new you have done a great job in finding the better addons and setting up to provide a nice custom look.

I started XP11 1 1/2 years ago, got some good advice at the start, worked slowly to learn and then started with addons.  I haven't fired up my P3DV4 in a year.

I am collecting Ortho with overlays...and some is sensational, I look at screenshots of folks who have nice P3DV$ setups and must say so was mine but I find the scenery looks a little cartoonish compared to XP11 and ortho.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Nice pics, welcome to XP11 , fantastic sim. Arent the Zibo CFN56 sounds the best? Ive ridden as a pax in many 737NGs and I have to say the AudioBird sounds on the Zinbo are spot on! And of course the Zibo modded 737 is amazing as well. Nice wingviews of the scimitar winglets!

Awesome pics, although for some reason my cloud shadows have never quite looked like that, with Xplane11 otherwise performing wonderfully.  I have often wondered if it is some obscure Nvidia setting I need to adjust with Nvidia inspector, my cloud shadows in P3DV4 and Wings of Prey look awesome.....

John

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks 😉 Nice pics Gary, I just made the switch from FSX to P3D, and I'm afraid my wallet won't be able to take on another sim...….Eventually it will though 🙂

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

1 hour ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks 😉 Nice pics Gary, I just made the switch from FSX to P3D, and I'm afraid my wallet won't be able to take on another sim...….Eventually it will though 🙂

Cheers,

Pete

Yes this is an issue. As with P3DV4 which I invested a lot in payware addons some carryovers from FSX days....I found that I needed to add some good planes, and environment stuff...but scenery has been so much freeware its incredible. Just recently got the Orbx stuff though.

But its sure addictive.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Thanks everyone!!

Peter, with the exception of activeskyxp and I think xvision (I think) what you see there is all freeware. 

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

Welcome to the dark side, Gary 😉😎 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I've also made the switch almost two yrs ago . . . there's no going back . . . nice screen shots.

JJ

Wonderful Shots.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Again thank you guys!! 

I still primarily fly p3d v4 but this is a very nice alternative to a 738 flight once in a while. Thinking of picking up a e175 but so far the SSG isn't great so may try the other offering. 

• Like 1

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

On 3/17/2019 at 12:53 PM, Gary_Hayes said:

Again thank you guys!! 

I still primarily fly p3d v4 but this is a very nice alternative to a 738 flight once in a while. Thinking of picking up a e175 but so far the SSG isn't great so may try the other offering. 

Lovely pics.  If you are willing to tap into the GA market.... look no further than the Hot Start TBM900....  the best XP addon to date.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |