Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Lear 35 Landing Light Overpowered

Is this the normal landing light and taxi light for the lear?  The white really overpowers the surface and it's difficult to see where I'm at.  Is there some other setting I should use?

P3D 4.4

32457964817_2e4edb5a8e_o.jpglearLL by ryan b, on Flickr

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

46 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Is this the normal landing light and taxi light for the lear?  The white really overpowers the surface and it's difficult to see where I'm at.  Is there some other setting I should use?

P3D 4.4

Yes, that's the way it is at least until the next Lear update.  You might try just using the taxi lights which helps a little.  P3Dv4.4 seems to present some new challenges when it comes to lights.

Al

Edited by ark

+1 vote for fixing the landing and taxi lights. Really difficult to see taxi lanes and markings on the ground at night, on some payware airports even with only the taxi lights on.

I tried to tinker around with the lighting based on what I found in the aircraft.cfg, but found that it has no effect. The lighting seems to be compiled into the model.

Dave P. Woycek

Hey there,

so it's been a few updates, but, at least for FSX, it seems the lights are still rather bright. Or have I missed something?

8 hours ago, mattbaker said:

Hey there,

so it's been a few updates, but, at least for FSX, it seems the lights are still rather bright. Or have I missed something?

Please post some current images of the lights you think are too bright for Mark at FSW to evaluate.

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

Hello,

it still looks precisely as in the picture from the first post, no change at all.

Kind regards

2 hours ago, mattbaker said:

Hello,

it still looks precisely as in the picture from the first post, no change at all.

Kind regards

OK thanks, I'll make Mark aware of the info.

Al

8 hours ago, mattbaker said:

Hello,

Kind regards

This is what I see in P3D4.5 HF3 using the latest version of the Lear35A.

638ded249e.png

And here is what I see in P3Dv5 HF2:

56cb9bcb99.png

Mark wanted me to ask what sim you are using, are you using the latest Lear35 version 4.3c, and are you using any Shader addons that might be contributing to the problem?

Al

Edited by ark

Oh I'm on FSX I'm ashamed to say, invested to much time and energy to swap before FS2020 release... Maybe FSX wasn't updated? I guess the fancy lights draw more VAS anyhow

1 hour ago, mattbaker said:

Maybe FSX wasn't updated?

Don't know what you mean by that -- FSX hasn't been updated for many years as far as I know unless you are using the Steam version.  You didn't say what version of the Lear you are using, and if you are using any Shader addons?

Al

The reflection of the beam on scenery objects is bright most noticing this in the day-time. I will take a screenshot of it. I just purchased the Immersion package and no change on the reflection on objects. I have Prepar3D 4.5 HF3

Edited by Boeing or not going

23 hours ago, ark said:

Don't know what you mean by that -- FSX hasn't been updated for many years as far as I know unless you are using the Steam version.  You didn't say what version of the Lear you are using, and if you are using any Shader addons?

Al

XRoPgzI.png

On 3/16/2019 at 9:11 PM, ryanbatcund said:

P3D 4.4

That model you have is from our 32 bit model for FSX and P3D up to V4.3 

You need to install V4.4 or higher.

15 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

That model you have is from our 32 bit model for FSX and P3D up to V4.3 

You need to install V4.4 or higher.

Oh I know this post is over a year old haha

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |