Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

Win 19 pro p3d4.4

Hi, please someone can advise how to desable Edge.exe running in Task Manager(background). It for sure effects performans in p3d and I don’t know how to desable it running in the background.

please advise how?

Thank you,

Geo

Geo, it won't be included in Windows 19 😉, however it's still part of Windows 10 system and cannot be disabled afaik.

Jack, don't know/find any hint at Edge. Could you please specify that, thanks!

Fritz

To stop Edge from running as a background app:

Start> Settings> Privacy> Background apps> turn off Edge.

Even if one sets the default browser to something else like Chrome, some system functions like Cortana still use Edge, so the above setting is the only way to stop Edge from running in the background.

That’s what I did BUT still in task manager the edge.exe is running. That’s very strange anyway......

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what your issue is. You realize that "edge.exe" is not the Microsoft Edge browser executable, right? That executable is "MicrosoftEdge.exe".  What exactly is running in the background in the Task Manager?

You are absolutely right, on the background running the MicrosoftEdge.exe as you say. 

I don’t know how to desable it running every time I start windows.

My PC is exclusively for P3D so I better get rid of.

Geo

It sounds like you have the setting in Win 10 on the next boot of the OS to start any apps that were previously running at the last shutdown.  Try killing MicrosoftEdge.exe with the Task Manager. Or better yet, the setting is located here. After a reboot, see what happens:

rVgzn.jpg

turn off all options in  Start> Settings> Privacy if you want to reduce win10 footprint.