Sign in to follow this  
debarba

Skyvector map selections don't work anymore

Hi all - back around V 1.4 or so, I used to be able to select Skyvector World VFR and have a moving map over a real sectional chart. Somewhere this functionality stopped working. A map selection of Skyvector World VFR gives you a screen full of hourglasses. Does anyone know if this can be made to work again? Thanks...Bob.

2 hours ago, debarba said:

Does anyone know if this can be made to work

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question.

However if you can't get it working and you have Little NavMap, a user uploaded several maps, including the US sectionals that will give you the same ability.   They just may not be the most current sectional.

See the LNM forum for more info..

Ernie

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

I have no issues using Skyvector World VFR, however I never knew it had a moving map, Plan-G had a nice moving map feature but I've been using Skyvector for awhile and never saw that feature?

Cheers

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007

Thanks for the replies but to Martin...it's actually VFR Flight V2.3.1 that has the moving map. You can select different map overlays like Google Earth, Virtual Earth, etc. One of them is "Skyvector World VFR" - with this, you have a moving map over a real sectional...what I like to use on a VFR flight. It used to work, it hasn't for some time now, I've seen it mentioned by other people but no definitive fix has ever been published (at least that I can find).

Bob

Hi Bob, thanks for the clarification. I'll look into VFR Flight V2.3.1 one I have seen before, Thanks!