Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Carenado PA31T Cheyenne II Mod v3.1

On 11/10/2020 at 8:36 AM, Nazkorn said:

Hi... Have anyone The Annuciator lights of the Gen LH / RH always on... even when the switch and the gen position, is opeating and picking load?

No, I don't have the issue, but Carenado planes have a bad habit of picking up the state of the aircraft you had loaded just before. Have you tried selecting the Cheyenne as your first plane (at startup)? That might help.

Hi all

Does anybody still have this mod? I am on Bill's E-Mail distribution list however the links are dead.
I'd greatly appreciate it if anybody could send it to me via PM 

Kind regards

20 hours ago, JoeLewis said:

Hi all

Does anybody still have this mod? I am on Bill's E-Mail distribution list however the links are dead.
I'd greatly appreciate it if anybody could send it to me via PM 

Kind regards

I don't believe a PM will work to send zip files, Joe.  But PM your email address to me and I can send you Bill's mod 3.1.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

4 hours ago, StewartH said:

I don't believe a PM will work to send zip files, Joe.  But PM your email address to me and I can send you Bill's mod 3.1.

Thanks Stewart. My E-Mail is contact.joelewis@gmail.com

Just FYI, your PM seems to be either disabled, or perhaps full? when I attempt to PM you I get the error message 'StewartH can not receive messages'.

Kind regards

1 hour ago, JoeLewis said:

Thanks Stewart. My E-Mail is contact.joelewis@gmail.com

Just FYI, your PM seems to be either disabled, or perhaps full? when I attempt to PM you I get the error message 'StewartH can not receive messages'.

Kind regards

Three zips are on their way, Bill's mod, a reference list, and a checklist.  Be sure to follow the checklist carefully in order to avoid an engine fire.

Thanks for the tip about the pm being full.  I'll check it out.

Stew

• Like 2

Stew

Hi, 

I have a problem with the GEN, using the Cheyenne II and the MOD 3.1,

Following the procedures, after 69% i put the GEN ON, but i dont see any read on the anmeter, always read 0, whatever wich engine start first, the GEN always read 0 and the GEN INOP on the Warning panel never goes off,

First time that have a problem with the MODS of Bill, in other planes work fine, 

Im using FSX STEAM EDITION, 

Hope someone can help me ! 

Redgars 

RB

On 1/4/2021 at 12:29 PM, StewartH said:

Hi Stewart,

Do you still have Bill's mod 3.1? I'd greatly appreciate if you can share with me. I sent you a PM with my email address. Thanks!!

Best Regards,

Roberto

3 hours ago, Ralvarez232 said:

Hi Stewart,

Do you still have Bill's mod 3.1? I'd greatly appreciate if you can share with me. I sent you a PM with my email address. Thanks!!

Best Regards,

Roberto

Roberto, Already sent.  See my reply to your PM.

Stewart

Stew

Hi all,

Just been reading this again and noted the discussion about generator usage during start so thought the following might be useful.

I used to fly Twin Otters which also have PT6s and there was a limitation requiring us to turn the generator of the operating engine OFF while starting the second engine using battery power. It's to do with the design of that particular electrical system and generator configuration. The airplane flight manual has this caution:

"CROSS GENERATOR STARTING IS DETRIMENTAL TO
GENERATOR BRUSHES AND TO REVERSE CURRENT
CUT-OUT OPERATION (WHICH MAY CAUSE EVENTUAL
CONTACT WELDING). CROSS GENERATOR STARTING,
THEREFORE, SHOULD BE AVOIDED WHENEVER POSSIBLE.

It's obviously a feature of this particular aircraft as I have not seen this requirement or limitation in any of the other turboprops I've flown like the Dash 8 or ATR42. I get the impression that there's not as much protection built into the older smaller starter generators like they use on the Otter.

• Like 1

Christopher Allan