Sign in to follow this  
irrics

I can't buy the GTN 750 for XP (resolved)

I don't understand what to do here.

The installer just keeps throwing errors.

Whether using PayPal (where it times out) or inputting a VISA right into the e-commerce installer, I just always get an error.  Doing the native credit card way is showing me an error with HTML header file gobbly gook after trying for a bit.

Is something down/not working on the F1 side right now?

Edited by RXP

As an aside - Is this installer the only way to buy this?

I feel like I'm back in 2005 or something.

This is the most antiquated and almost fraudulent feeling transaction process I can recall in memory.  Super frustrating especially since it isn't working.

Hi,

We understand the solution seems antiquated sometimes but it has been reliable for us for the last 18 years and is also well known in our community. 

There shouldn't be any particular issue right now with the e-commerce installer. Have you succeeded since your initial message?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

No I haven't - PayPal keeps throwing a "can't connect to" or "create token/session" or something when I try it..

The direct method also doesn't end up working.  That colored "progress" thing comes up but never succeeds (the 3rd line lighting up) and ends up throwing a response that is literally HTML header tags, perhaps trying to show me a borked error page?

Really want to enjoy your product in XP11, but not sure how to actually do that at this point.

I have no issues doing anything else on my computer at all.  This is unique to whatever your f1/billing/wrapper situation is here.

Any other way to do this?

Could you possibly DM me if there's a way to pay you guys and have a license key generated or something manual that would work?

Thank you

Edited by RXP

Not at all - This is a fresh, up to date, Windows 10 install as of a few weeks ago.

I've just received confirmation there has been a problem with the platform last night but this should be back now.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Aha!  Excellent..

Ok - I will try again.

I'm planning to use this with my iPad as extended screen using Duet Display.

That will work, yeah?  

Undocked and put onto iPad for great touchscreen experience?

(Windows 10)

I can't vouch for Duet Display and I honestly don't remember if this has been discussed in our forums. You might want to try 'searching' both GTN XPlane and GTN FltSim forums for this info.