Sign in to follow this  
hkhoanguyen

No Dynamic Landing upon arrival

Hi, 

I have one strange problem (seen other discussion about this on avsim but still no clear solution), when I arrive at the airport (that has dynamic lighting), the dynamic lighting does not work, and my plane is completely dark, however when I load P3D to start from that airport the lighting works fine.

Might have some problems about using shaders tool like tomato ? or other reasons ? any exp the same problem ?

Thanks guys

Which airport? Which airplane? You should provide more information if you are asking for help.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

Which airport? Which airplane? You should provide more information if you are asking for help.

it happened to all airports that have dynamic lighiting enabled

Edited by hkhoanguyen

Hi Khoa,

Dynamic lighting in P3D requires two effect files: a dynamic light effect and a related controller file. Some developers just include the light effect file but forget about the controller file. This will result in the situation you described. So maybe you are just unlucky and own a couple of airports that misses the controller file. If you name some of the airports where you see this problem other users could check if they see the same thing.

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Another possibility is the configuration of your prepard3D.

Confirm you have Dynamic lighting enabled, if so the check the quantity of DL spots you have on your sim.

If you go to %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg, and open the p3d.cfg, you'll see two parameters under the [GRAPHICS] heading: MAX_POINT_LIGHTS.

And

MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS.

Default values are 250, increase it by 100 or 200 and retest.

Regards,

Simbol 

13 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Hi Khoa,

Dynamic lighting in P3D requires two effect files: a dynamic light effect and a related controller file. Some developers just include the light effect file but forget about the controller file. This will result in the situation you described. So maybe you are just unlucky and own a couple of airports that misses the controller file. If you name some of the airports where you see this problem other users could check if they see the same thing.

Hi Christoph,

Thanks a lot for your reply, it happened to me when I arrive at ZSPD Airport. About that controller file, could I add that file manually if missing (what do we have in that controller file ?) In case I manually create a .fx file myself to create a dynamic lighting.

Thanks,

12 hours ago, simbol said:

Another possibility is the configuration of your prepard3D.

Confirm you have Dynamic lighting enabled, if so the check the quantity of DL spots you have on your sim.

If you go to %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg, and open the p3d.cfg, you'll see two parameters under the [GRAPHICS] heading: MAX_POINT_LIGHTS.

And

MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS.

Default values are 250, increase it by 100 or 200 and retest.

Regards,

Simbol 

Thanks Simbol for your help,

I will try tonight.

Hi

I have the same problem on the airport of Agadir Bastia and Ajaccio but must necessarily have more ...

I also tried to lower in P3D the special effects.

Special effects detail on LOW then on HIGH

Special effects distance on LOW then on HIGH

Nothing to do whenever I asked the 3 airports I just mentioned I had more dynamic light ...

So I have not tried yet but I read that put:
MAX_POINT_LIGHTS = 800
MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS = 700

Could solve the problem to test ...

@hkhoanguyen
Hm, I can not check ZSPD as I do not own it. However, it is pretty easy to create a controller file. I will PM you a link. But as far as I know, ImagineSim does have a controller file in their sceneries.

@Axis3600
RFSCENERYBUILDING? Again I do not own any of their sceneries. However, they were the developer I had in mind when mentioning it. I read some time ago in another forum that they had forgotten the controller file in their past sceneries. So worth to check it and maybe contact them for an update if not already available.

@UAL4life
Same like ImagineSim. I would be highly surprised if they would have not included a controller file. For their KMSP, I have the DL effect "flightbeam_dl1.fx" and the controller "Cntrl_fbeamDL.fx". Their naming should be similar for their KDEN scenery.

The controller file is just one reason for missing DL and there could be various other reasons as Simbol already pointed out.

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

@hkhoanguyen
Hm, I can not check ZSPD as I do not own it. However, it is pretty easy to create a controller file. I will PM you a link. But as far as I know, ImagineSim does have a controller file in their sceneries.

@Axis3600
RFSCENERYBUILDING? Again I do not own any of their sceneries. However, they were the developer I had in mind when mentioning it. I read some time ago in another forum that they had forgotten the controller file in their past sceneries. So worth to check it and maybe contact them for an update if not already available.

@UAL4life
Same like ImagineSim. I would be highly surprised if they would have not included a controller file. For their KMSP, I have the DL effect "flightbeam_dl1.fx" and the controller "Cntrl_fbeamDL.fx". Their naming should be similar for their KDEN scenery.

The controller file is just one reason for missing DL and there could be various other reasons as Simbol already pointed out.

Thanks for this clear explanation. I was not aware that that two .fx files are required.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Good day to all, I´m new to the forum, My name is Leonardo.

I have been trying to apply 2 .fx files to start with an easy airport such as LatinVFR San Juan (TJSJ) by following all your tips without success.

For reasons that i don´t understand... When i fly at night, on arrival all the dynamic lights of the airport are not working but the tower light beam is... So i thought, what if i can replicate that configuration on the airports with the dynamic lighting issue... That might fix it for good...

I haven´t tried yet the MAX_POINT_LIGHTS and MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS fix, I will try to see if changing that helps.

Will report back later this evening if I find anything.

Best Regards

Leonardo

LUX0478-LC

I also have this problem on a lot of airport airports (maybe all). Did someone solve this problem?

As I use some Inibuilds dynamic lights effects, MAX_POINT_LIGHTS and MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS are set to 750.

What do you mean by talking about "controller file"? A BGL file calling the effect? If yes, I have it in the \Scenery folder of the concerned airport.

Resolved!

In the controler file, there must be a line like this: Effect.#=effect_name, X Min, Y Min, Z Min, X Max, Y Max, Z Max, Delay Min, Delay Max. 

In some files, I could read Effect.#=effect_name.fx, X Min, Y Min, Z Min, X Max, Y Max, Z Max, Delay Min, Delay Max.

By removing the file extention, the dynamic lighting of my destinations is back. 

• Like 1

This thread doesn't sound right.

I mean sure, I have heard about this particular problem before and it is a real one, but what are the chances that top tier developers mess things up in a way that they forget about making sure DL actually works. They seem to work for 99% of customers so there obviously has to be some other specific, probably even common, issue that is making your simulators behave that way.

As always, wipe configuration files, restore stock shaders, disable all addons and then test. If it works (and it does ... usually), well then you start the elimination process.