Sign in to follow this  
jdr37

CRASH QUESTION

I have a new Win7 build, ASUS H110M-E/M.2 MB, i5-6600 CPU, GTX1060 6GB GPU, 500GB Samsung SSD, 16 GB RAM.

Was running "test" flight to see how it would handle graphic settings, all at.HIGH with anti aliasing at 2X.

I flew for about 1 hour at low altitude, did not check FPS but it was quite smooth, temps were normal and I was a happy camper.

Then it crashed. Is it likely that I need another 16GB RAM? Or is there a more likely cause.

Thanks

I have almost exactly the horsepower you have and sometimes it seems to crash for no reason but, if you check your log.txt after the crash there'll usually be something there.  FYI my 'absolute' settings are HDR - one dot from right   Textures - one dot from right   Antalias - all the way right   World Objects - one dot from right  Reflections - nothing. 

Edited by olderndirt

Thanks for your response. Very shortly after I posted I found the GPU had failed (it was a used PNY unit and I suspect it had been OC'd a lot). Got a refund , bought another card (MSI) and all is running very well now.

10 hours ago, jdr37 said:

Thanks for your response. Very shortly after I posted I found the GPU had failed (it was a used PNY unit and I suspect it had been OC'd a lot). Got a refund , bought another card (MSI) and all is running very well now.

Glad you got it fixed. Buying used cards is a bit of a gamble. Just like buying a used car (where its hard to tell how the engine was treated by the previous owner).

I recommend this little freeware app that displays GPU temp on the taskbar.

http://www.gputemp.com