Sign in to follow this  
Scuba239

Normally flawless, a couple of addons are hit or miss.

Hi Folks,

I spent all my money on RW flight training so I'm stuck with my old FS9 setup until I earn a salary that's no longer eligible for public assistance.

That said, MCE has been flawless using PMDG 747 & MD-11, iFly 737, W/FT ERJ & E-Jets.  It has been hit or miss with LD767 and W/FT Airbus Evo. On occasion it will work with LD767 initially then drop out somewhere along the way.  The FO responds but no action occurs.  W/FT Airbus never executes an action.

Thanks for any useful insight. 

53 minutes ago, Scuba239 said:

Hi Folks,

I spent all my money on RW flight training so I'm stuck with my old FS9 setup until I earn a salary that's no longer eligible for public assistance.

That said, MCE has been flawless using PMDG 747 & MD-11, iFly 737, W/FT ERJ & E-Jets.  It has been hit or miss with LD767 and W/FT Airbus Evo. On occasion it will work with LD767 initially then drop out somewhere along the way.  The FO responds but no action occurs.  W/FT Airbus never executes an action.

Thanks for any useful insight. 

I assume you installed MCE to default C;\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder and that you have a file named "mcld76.dll" inside

\Flight Simulator 9\MCE dlls\ folder.

You're also running fs9.exe" as admin.

Which MCE version are you on?

(sigh)...So I installed the latest and greatest from the MCE page.  Deleted the old version in the prescribed manner from the control panel.  Installed 2.7.9.1 and now I get an error 1334 that references the old version.  It's looking for a file _75E1728F0F4C402FBDCBAD2B8C3A05EF which cannot be found in cabinet file 'Instal01.cab'

MCE is on the C:/ and MSFS on the D:/

Edited by Scuba239
add info

3 hours ago, Scuba239 said:

MCE and MSFS are on my 😧 drive.  All DLLs are in place. Version 2.6.56 is installed.

You can only install MCE outsiude C:\Program Files (x86)\ when Windows UAC is disabled.

But we don't recommend that, and it's best to just accept default installation path

1 hour ago, Scuba239 said:

(sigh)...So I installed the latest and greatest from the MCE page.  Deleted the old version in the prescribed manner from the control panel.  Installed 2.7.9.1 and now I get an error 1334 that references the old version.  It's looking for a file _75E1728F0F4C402FBDCBAD2B8C3A05EF which cannot be found in cabinet file 'Instal01.cab'

MCE is on the C:/ and MSFS on the D:/

Could be because you selected "Open" when you started the download.

Suggest you go to Windows Control Panel, and remove MCE if it's still listed as an installed program.

Download (save) package to hard drive, unzip and run "InstallMCE".

The other possibility is that you might be running low on C drive space, thus causing the installer to fail owing to lack of space to decompress to (temporary files).

Hi Gerald,

I believe I did all you suggested.  When MCE is run for the first time after installation it attempts the configuration routine which culminates in a  termination due to fatal error.

I'm pulling my hair out (not much to work with) because before the update it was probably 80% effective with the planes I used most. New twist on an old saying "If it ain't completely broke, don't fix it"

There was progress in the installation with your help.  Any further insight is more than welcome kind sir.

6 hours ago, Scuba239 said:

Hi Gerald,

I believe I did all you suggested.  When MCE is run for the first time after installation it attempts the configuration routine which culminates in a  termination due to fatal error.

I'm pulling my hair out (not much to work with) because before the update it was probably 80% effective with the planes I used most. New twist on an old saying "If it ain't completely broke, don't fix it"

There was progress in the installation with your help.  Any further insight is more than welcome kind sir.

I suggest you hold on to the older MCE installer package just in case.

Which exact Windows version are you on?

How much free space is on C drive?

If on Windows Vista or higher, is Windows UAC enabled (default settings) or disabled?

Which anti-virus are you running?

1 hour ago, Scuba239 said:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

UAC is set to never notify

21.4GB of 194GB free on the C:/ drive

I suggest the following.

Run a disk scan for errors on C; drive.

Un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel.

Reset Windows UAC to default 2 notches up the slider.

Restart machine and re-install latest MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

Hi Gerald,

I backtracked a bit.  I had already deleted the previous update.  I installed the current MCE on the D: where MSFS is located.  It's working now.  I still am not sure about the keymapping for some add ons, but at least I'm in a position to work that out.  LVLD and Wilco EVO have glitches as before and I will check a couple more before I call it quits tonight.

Thanks again for your help.