Sign in to follow this  
PierreFSX

AutoPilot keeps disconecting when flying

Hi, I had this problem before with the 747 and the 777. I do not remember what options in the PMDG setup menu I had to change. 

Can anybody help?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

4 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

I do not remember what options in the PMDG setup menu I had to change. 

There's a setting to ignore the hardware when the AP is on. You may also want to check to be sure that you don't have a trim axis assigned to something that hasn't been set to neutral, and that your hardware is properly calibrated. It isn't a problem with the plane, as much as it's a problem with the hardware.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Where is a settings located to ignore the hardware when the AP is on?

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

4 hours ago, asanal said:

Kyle,

Thanks

think  kyle  was  referring  to  in the  fmc  under  simulation  realistic ap  engagement    on or  off

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

9 hours ago, asanal said:

MENU key > PMDG SETUP > SIMULATION - in those menus. I don't have the plane in front of me. I know it's in the Intro Manual, though, so a quick browse through those menus or the Intro will get it for you.

5 hours ago, pete_auau said:

think  kyle  was  referring  to  in the  fmc  under  simulation  realistic ap  engagement    on or  off

Nope. Realistic AP engagement will likely make it worse for this person, if they choose the bandage (the override setting) over fixing the root cause (recalibration and removing/nulling the bad axis).

There's a setting in there related to ignoring control input while the AP is on. It's pretty self-explanatory should anyone take a moment to look for it - either in the Intro, or in the aircraft itself.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi and tanks for the help.

I went back to the documentation and in the simulation options the only one that make sense is the r

Realistic AP engagement to be turn off.

I dont see any other one.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

1 hour ago, PierreFSX said:

Hi and tanks for the help.

I went back to the documentation and in the simulation options the only one that make sense is the r

Realistic AP engagement to be turn off.

I dont see any other one.

Pierre

I believe that all current versions of our aircraft - NGX through 747 - have this function/option. Be sure you're on the latest versions of the products.

I know for a fact that it's in the 744 and 748, so check there first.

Again: To be 100% clear, this is a hardware issue, so you're better off trying to sort that out before trying to bandage it up with the options menu in the aircraft.

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

Ok i will try to solve the hardware issue. Just to make sure, this is related to the fact that i do not have a long enought null space define in my elevator setting? 

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

28 minutes ago, PierreFSX said:

Ok i will try to solve the hardware issue. Just to make sure, this is related to the fact that i do not have a long enought null space define in my elevator setting? 

Pierre

It could be, but it's usually that a trim axis is assigned (like a trim wheel), instead of a trim up/down toggle (more like the rw aircraft trim up/down switch/buttons - at least in this case). FSX and P3D will automatically try to assign an axis to just about anything that plugs in as USB with buttons (even my push to talk switch on my headset triggers the brakes until I tell the sim to ignore it). Unless you go into your hardware axis settings and remove anything you don't use, you're risking things getting weird.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Kyle,

I have a Cirrus ii and a Thrustmaster joystick setup. I will review my axis assignement carrefuly.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

I also checked the manual and cannot locate "Settings to ignore the hardware  when the AP is on"

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

edit

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

10 hours ago, asanal said:

I also checked the manual and cannot locate "Settings to ignore the hardware  when the AP is on"

page  100 in the intro

Peter kelberg

10 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Thank you Kyle,

I have a Cirrus ii and a Thrustmaster joystick setup. I will review my axis assignement carrefuly.

Pierre

its  in intro  page  100

Peter kelberg

Which manuel are you looking at? I was looking at the PMDG 747 Queen of th Sky II. On page 100, i do not see any options that will help me? So which one are you referring?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel