SledDriver

New user. PTA wont apply preset without errors

Well this is not good.

Just installed PTA as new user and it has failed at the first operation

I have a newly installed P3D 4.4, Active Sky for P3D4 and Cloud Art, installed in that order, then I installed PTA. All installed with default paths.

All I have done so far is test the sim/ActiveSkey/CloudArt, shut it down, then run PTA and attempt to apply the MattDavies_Dec18.ini preset and it has failed with the following log.

Most disappointing start.

What do I need to do? And will this now have screwed up my shaders and any chance of restoring the default shaders if necessary?

"   Applying [Alternate tonemap adjustment] to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [Contrast tuning] to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
ERROR writing destination shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
   Applying [FXAA quality] to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
ERROR writing destination shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
   Applying [Tweak main config (prepar3D.cfg)] to Main config file
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above
Shaders cache cleared
"

Cheers,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Error writing to the shader is usually because it has lack of administrative permissions. Close PTA & then re open it by right clicking > run as administrator.

Really? In 2019?

I always ran FSX in a folder outside of the Program Files folder to avoid things like this.

I let P3D install in Program Files as I rather expected those type of issues to be sorted these days.

Oh well.

Thanks anyway. Very excited to see all this new sim stuff running, hopefully shortly. 🙂

Can you comment if these two errors will have butggered up my shader backups for later restore? Am I now out of sync, and if so what do I do about it?

Cheers.

I don't see any reason why the backup won't take place correctly. You can check the folder where you ran PTA from to check if it created the backups. If it did, you're good 🙂

OK Thanks Matt.

And cheers for the very quick replies. Appreciated.