Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly Life Project - 1.0 Demo Available

From drhotwing1 (Ipacs)

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/14254-aerofly-life-project-1-0-demo-available/&pageNo=1

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/14254-aerofly-life-project-1-0-demo-available/&postID=75496#post75496

Greetings everyone,

Even though I am still working on this project I wanted to give you something to play with in the mean time, so here it is !

To try this out you need to simply unzip the file into your … Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\places folder.

This current package only has the following South Florida DLC airport locations active; Key West International, Key West NAS, Marathon, Tavernaero, and Ocean Reef Club.

Please keep in mind that this is only a 'proof of concept' demo so expect some bugs like floating vehicles in some locations (due to 'auto height' being temperamental), not all roads have traffic (as this was done mostly manually currently) , and even though I have an internal working copy with the remaining airports going into Miami they won't be included in this first release as I have to still tweak them.

Also, very importantly you need to understand that this is a personal project at this time and it not an official IPACS feature release. It may turn into an official release down the road but for now it isn't. I also have to mention that this is what it is for now so I won't be changing too much in terms of volume, except for maybe a special new feature here and there. I may also move on to another DLC once I complete this one but please don't ask me to make special locations for you at this time. I will however be releasing a tutorial so that others can do this as the actual process is rather simple.

Well, without further ado, here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/…edJ9HW0m/view?usp=sharing

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It would have to be for an area which requires a payware addon. Here I was really looking forward to this. So disappointed!

13 minutes ago, monica6211 said:

It would have to be for an area which requires a payware addon. Here I was really looking forward to this. So disappointed!

It's not officially from Ipacs, but a demo from one of the developers. It's not surprising he would run his tests in the area he created...

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

It's not officially from Ipacs, but a demo from one of the developers. It's not surprising he would run his tests in the area he created...

Well, I'm disappointing that it has to be in an area that I don't have scenery for. But I understand that it is a demo, and I hope it catches on and develops into something big, which I'm sure it will. So congrats for the demo, and I can't wait to see it grow.

On 3/20/2019 at 7:43 AM, monica6211 said:

Well, I'm disappointing that it has to be in an area that I don't have scenery for. But I understand that it is a demo, and I hope it catches on and develops into something big, which I'm sure it will. So congrats for the demo, and I can't wait to see it grow.

Don't be disappointed !  DrHotwing1 wrote:

Please keep in mind that this is only a 'proof of concept' demo

....so, yes, it is just a proof of concept - REALLY -  with very little traffic around some airports; with no traffic at Miami downtown at all.

The car models are decent (the boat models are default models you already know) but nothing spectacular compared to other sims, and there is just a low variety of cars in transit on this few streets in airport proximity.

Some small boats are moving with reefed sails on water, and with your own airspeed it can be really hard to recognize them as moving stuff.

Beside it they show no wake effect during transition, so it becomes even harder.

From my humble perspective: you don't miss anything !  Better to wait for a major release....

....but, it goes into the right direction, and there is - of course - a desperate need for a living world in Aerofly.

PS: (have forgotten something important) -   And the cars don't show any front- or backlights during night; so for you as a pilot they are invisible during the dark times.  One reason more to indicate:  just wait for a better version; the current one needs a lot of improvement !!!

All the best.

Edited by KBUR
PS: addition

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/14254-aerofly-life-project-1-0-demo-available/&postID=75564#post75564

Hi everyone, thank you for the motivation to continue with this feature :)

As of now here's where i'm at; I plan on improving the bridge area near the Tavernaero airfield so that the vehicles move over it better and not go into the ground at each end. After this I plan on completing the remaining airports; Homestead ARB and the remaining 3 Miami area airports.

I may add a couple more 'goodies' along the way which I will release as updates throughout. As for the lighted head/tail lights, I do have a working model of this and once I work in a plan to update all of the vehicles without having to do all of them over again, once I do you will have an update with this working as well.

I also plan on releasing a basic tutorial on how to do this, unfortunately animating anything in Aerofly can ONLY be done by using 3DS Max at this time. Please give me some time on getting this out to everyone as there are some limitations currently that can cause problems in high altitude or 'hilly' locations. This will all be worked out in time.

As for providing the community with the models that I used, unfortunately I can not provide these models as they are purchased commercial models in which only I own. They are all royalty free but I am the only owner that's allowed to distribute them in a project. You can however purchase them yourselves to use them for your own projects or shared projects. If anyone wants links to them just let me know and i'll be happy to provide them to you (none of them were over $20 each)

I am continuing work on this project but please keep in mind that not only do I work full time still as a CIO but also work full time for IPACS so my time is very limited. I do plan on progressing this exciting project and hopefully in time we will have a way to mass produce this feature internally so that it will be everywhere.

PS; I will add/convert some animated sailboats with their masts up :)

• Like 1

Devons rig