Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

TFDI 717 performance after update?

Hey all!

I have a couple questions that have held me way back from getting this aircraft after such a long time waiting to purchase this product. First of all is performance, my PC's specs are CPU- Intel 6700 Core, GPU- GTX 1070, and 16 GB of ram. I am hoping then that after the updates the performance is up to around the same as the PMDG NGX which I get around 25-45 depending on the scenery. Second question is are they planning on implementing PBR such as Leonardo have done to their Maddog X and lastly I love real world routes and fly solely in the U.S. I love the west coast but will also fly east and central, will this be beneficial to my fleet consisting of PMDG 747-400 & -8, 777-200 & -300, 737 with expansion; QW 787, MJCQ4, Aerosoft CRJ, FSLABS a320/319 CS 757 base and hopefully soon to be as330 pro and Feel Theres new e-jet series for P3D v4.4. I barley have any scenery though just Flightbeam's KPDX/KSFO, FlyTampa CYYZ/OMDB, JFK/LGA/TEB, and Taxi2Gate's KSEA. I am thinking about getting Flightbeam's KDEN and KIAD or KPHX or Imaginesim's KATL instead of this aircraft though (also waiting for imagine sims KLAX). as long as the airports are correct I don't really need anything special

Nice wall there...

I can say that the version I'm using is very much improved over the initial versions. In fact, it's all very nice now.

Not knowing what version you're referencing, I can't say specifically weather it is improved over the version you have. The installer says 1.1.1 in my case. I wouldn't try to make a guess otherwise. I can say it is very nice and fun to fly.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Have the view-changing CTD's /lockups been largely eradicated?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, Mace said:

I think so. I've not had any problems. I haven't flown it hours and hours, but did give it a good workout with no problems. Really nice aircraft.

I think it is a very nice success story. I bought it "day one" and was quite sad 😞 They (TFDi) kept at it and believed in themselves and whada ya know. They did it.

I think it's the best regional airline jet aircraft going in P3D.

Edited by RichieFly
  • Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

4 hours ago, Mace said:

I would be interested in this too.

The reason why it's been sitting in my hangar since purchasing from day dot.

5 hours ago, Mace said:

Unfortunately not and I would not count on it being fixed. I just use the additional view as a workaround which also come with the cost in fps.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

So far no problems for me. Runs ilke a charm if your gpu can handle it. I with my potato EASELY get over 30FPS airborne

Runs nice for me too.  Nice modelling, great sounds and you can tell this was a real labour of love. Only thing I would raise a question mark over is the LNAV sometimes gets a bit confused but if you can live with that it’s a very nice addition to the hangar. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

6 hours ago, Shomron said:

Unfortunately not and I would not count on it being fixed. I just use the additional view as a workaround which also come with the cost in fps.

I'm not as pessimistic about an eventual fix. I don't think many users are experiencing this any more (I'm another who is not) so I suspect it's down to a specific interaction between some other add-on or configuration that will most likely get sorted at some point. I do feel for those having this issue though!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

What liveries does this include, and are there others available either at the TFDI site or elsewhere..??

9 hours ago, Shomron said:

What is the "additional view"?  Do you mean ChasePlane or EZ-DOK?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 minute ago, Mace said:

What is the "additional view"?  Do you mean ChasePlane or EZ-DOK?

Opening an additional view window (unrelated to a camera add-on)

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

I'm not as pessimistic about an eventual fix. I don't think many users are experiencing this any more (I'm another who is not) so I suspect it's down to a specific interaction between some other add-on or configuration that will most likely get sorted at some point. I do feel for those having this issue though!

I am an optimistic person in general 😉 but the forum is pretty quiet in regards to this issue.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Thank you all so much!!! I am definitely going to get this aircraft! Just need to wait for the right time

On 3/22/2019 at 2:02 AM, pilot10112 said:

Thank you all so much!!! I am definitely going to get this aircraft! Just need to wait for the right time

You'll enjoy it. butter fps guaranteed. It's a bit heavy on the gpu but nothing compared to the fsl i used to own.  Honestly 60 bucks is quite neat considering it has trueglass, reallight, a tablet and a lot more. You won't regret it. It does have some minor bugs; those will get fixed soon or late.

Edited by LH340fan
  • Upvote 1

I just got the aircraft and love it!!!! Thank you all so much! Only problem are the CTD on view switching