Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Aircraft In Development for X-Plane 11

Nice list.  Just noticed Rob Wilson is doing a Citation Mustang...  that's pretty cool!  There's some lovely GA planes coming too like the Lancair Legacy, RV7, "Draco" and "Turbulence" and the pocket rocket, plus Dan's PC-6 Porter!!  Woohoo an expensive summer lol (oh and I almost forgot Aerobask's latest announcement of their partnership with Dassault and the Falcon 8x!)

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I’m so excited about the Legacy RG and Mustang

I would love seeing the Duchess in Xplane11, a great twin with great aesthetics....  I saw someone is creating a Kitfox, but I have its cousin from VSkyLabs, the Eurofox, so I will probably pass on that one, VSkylabs nailed it with the Eurofox.  I have a cool freeware ATR in Xplane11 but a commercial grade one, I might buy, I have flown on that aircraft and along with the Embraer tprop I loved it, especially with the high wing that allowed outstanding pax window seat views from wherever one sat. 

I cannot remember where I last was in an ATR, but I believe it might have been somewhere near Cincy, not sure though, I flew so much and so often in the 90's for business I even tried keeping a log of my flights and the equipment, but it was lost when my last computer died. 

But I was amazed that my overall air miles had circled the earth in distance many times over, probably close to 314,159 miles (inside joke, I wonder if someone will guess it, but that is probably the exact distance I have flown to this point in time based on my last addition to Europe in 2017).

John

• Like 1

It won't be on the list because they don't announce much in advance, but Carenado will probably port their recent FSX/P3D releases of the FA50 jet and Beech D18S to X-Plane. We need an updated Beech 18, the STMS/Heinz version is getting long in the tooth.

Also not on the list, there is an update in the works for the older free model of the Hughes 500D helicopter. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Odd, did not see IXEG's 737 in the list, although I do not fly it anymore due to the lack of updates, it is still a great aircraft.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Saab 2000  is missing,  Short Brothers SD-360[flying box], Classic birds like the Nord 262.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:28 AM, Arthur42417 said:

no PMDG on list😥😕

I won't miss their attitude and pricing on XP for sure. I think the DC-6 on XP is a perfect example of how much they tried to make money with the smallest effort, and they left it pretty bugged still from what i heard.

Edited by france89
  • Like 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

But I do think we need a good 747-200, as well as a -400, probably including the variants these models had IRL. Something detailed enough to be considered a "study-level" add-on 🙂

I would also love to have a sophisticated L-1011 and, of course, a truly remarkable Concorde!  A Concorde modelled with realism and detail would be a Great add-on for XP.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, france89 said:

I won't miss their attitude and pricing on XP for sure. I think the DC-6 on XP is a perfect example of how much they tried to make money with the smallest effort, and they left it pretty bugged still from what i heard.

I think you are wrong. The problem with the DC-6 was much deeper. They didn't really communicate with Ben directly, when they started their work. They didn't really knew what they were doing and in fact how fast the environment in X-Plane changes. You have to be a real part of the community to really see, what is happening and what is changing.

They started to work on building a plane according to the SDKs that were available with X-Plane 10.00, since they believed that this would contain everything that they would need. But Laminar never worked this way. In 10.20 X-Plane was finally 64 Bit ready and in 10.30 Laminar added official override possibilities to the flight model. This change was especially targeted toward plane coverters like Carenado/Thranda or PMDG, but PMDG never heard about these changes. Instead they tried to tune the flight model the old way, by fine tuning in plane maker and with the aerodynamic forces.Totally inefficient for a company like PMDG. While Ben established ways that an external flight model or engine model can overrule X-Planes system. These systems allowed things like the Reality Expansion Packs by SimCoders or the Flight Factor A320.

They also used their established Beta Testers, so they didn't have active X-Plane fans in their internal staff, that could warn them.

The result: They released a plane that they could have released for 10.00 while the real community had left this stage long ago and every new developed feature looked already outdated. It was probably one of the most costly development failure for X-Plane ever! And all due to a complete lack of communication.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Longranger said:

I think you are wrong. The problem with the DC-6 was much deeper. They didn't really communicate with Ben directly, when they started their work. They didn't really knew what they were doing and in fact how fast the environment in X-Plane changes. You have to be a real part of the community to really see, what is happening and what is changing.

They started to work on building a plane according to the SDKs that were available with X-Plane 10.00, since they believed that this would contain everything that they would need. But Laminar never worked this way. In 10.20 X-Plane was finally 64 Bit ready and in 10.30 Laminar added official override possibilities to the flight model. This change was especially targeted toward plane coverters like Carenado/Thranda or PMDG, but PMDG never heard about these changes. Instead they tried to tune the flight model the old way, by fine tuning in plane maker and with the aerodynamic forces.Totally inefficient for a company like PMDG. While Ben established ways that an external flight model or engine model can overrule X-Planes system. These systems allowed things like the Reality Expansion Packs by SimCoders or the Flight Factor A320.

They also used their established Beta Testers, so they didn't have active X-Plane fans in their internal staff, that could warn them.

The result: They released a plane that they could have released for 10.00 while the real community had left this stage long ago and every new developed feature looked already outdated. It was probably one of the most costly development failure for X-Plane ever! And all due to a complete lack of communication.

Lack of communication, lack of experience in dealing with a different platform, or perhaps lack of real commitment since the majority of their audience was using another simulator? 🙂

I think this is something we saw a lot in the past with FSX Steam edition and P3D after: how some of the developers got used to a completely static environment for over 10 years and then found themselves in trouble or having to work more to keep their addons compatible with the newly released versions of the base sim.

But yes, we do need a proper 747-400 indeed 🙂 That is something they might focus on in the future, if i was them i really woudn't want to jump in facing the Zibo's 737. We'll see.

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."