Sign in to follow this  
CargoluxPilot748

Takeoff Calculation not as accurate as it should be

Hi Guys,

I saw that the Derated Takeoff is not as accurate as it should. In RL is an takeoff with TOW 300t with D-TO2 and ATM posaible. In the pmdg it isnt. My friend is a Cargolux 747 Pilot. He sent me his EFB after he took his TO calculation. I used the same TOW, same QNH, same Wind, same Airport and runway, same flaps setting and so on. Then I pressed calculated and it shows the message, that the Takeoff calculation can't me assumned or something like that. But he used this settings for takeoff in Reallife. If I change from TO-2 to TO it works and the EFB  gave me an Assumned Temperature. So it seems like there are some Settings of the calculation not the same like in the Real 748. It works fine in the 744. Takeoffs with a high TOW  and D-TO2 + ATM are possible without any problems. Anyone noticed that too? Thanks for your help!

Edited by Dennis Etienne Ratzel

Dennis | CargoluxPilot

4 hours ago, Dennis Etienne Ratzel said:

Anyone noticed that too?

If you have actual data, we'd be glad to take a look. It would have to be actual data sets, though, and not simply the narrative you've provided here, as it provides no detail for us to check against.

support.precisionmanuals.com with any formal inquiries/data.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

@scandinavian13 Thanks for your Reply. I have some different Reallife Pictures of  Cargolux 748 EFB Settings, which shows different Settings. Would that help you? I also could ask him for some more details. You just have to tell me what I have to ask him, what Datas you need and so on. I appreciate it. Thanks!

Best regards

Dennis

Dennis | CargoluxPilot

@scandinavian13
I tried the takeoff with RL Settings it shows in the first picture on the top. I noticed that N1 should be 84.3 as it shows in the picture. So I began with my depature, pressed the TOGA Button at N1 goes up to 89.1 instead of the 84.3. 
I made three pictures for example.

Reallife EFB Settings of my B747-8F friend:

32pzk6i.jpg

EFB Setting I made in the Sim:

1xzjjb.png

Message I receive after pressing the calculation button:

26bkd7.png

Edited by Dennis Etienne Ratzel

Dennis | CargoluxPilot

Stuff like this needs to go to support, even more so now, as this isn't even our official forum anymore and I only browse it occasionally.

If you want to submit it, please include as much detail as possible.

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

Stuff like this needs to go to support, even more so now, as this isn't even our official forum anymore and I only browse it occasionally.

If you want to submit it, please include as much detail as possible.

Okay thanks, I will copy and paste my messages and open a new revised topic in the PMDG Forum.

Dennis | CargoluxPilot