Sign in to follow this  
heronimuz

Help needed please!

We're about to release a new update for tomorrow. Let's give this a try first and we'll resume troubleshooting this issue from there if you agree.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

12 hours ago, RXP said:

We're about to release a new update for tomorrow. Let's give this a try first and we'll resume troubleshooting this issue from there if you agree.

Thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

20 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi Jean-Luc,
Is the update still expected today?

Thanks,

Jeroen

3 hours ago, heronimuz said:

Is the update still expected today? 

Like hot bread from the oven:

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jean-Luc,

Unfortunately.... no good news for me. I have updated but still just black screens.
When I uninstall is there anything left in the register or so? do you know?

Jeroen

Hi,

Here they are.

19/03/24 20:50:20.376 19112 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.15.0
19/03/24 20:50:20.376 19112 INFO ] 

19/03/24 20:50:22.964 19112 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.15.0
19/03/24 20:50:22.963 19112 INFO ] 
19/03/24 20:51:34.130 18656 INFO ] 

Hello-

I also have black screens and I was really looking forward to using this product. I Paid $50.00 for blank screen bezels.  Hopefully it just something simple I am over looking. 

But I have had this software for a week now and still no luck in getting it to work correctly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and still no luck. I have no luck with the sim or the trainer. I am at a lost also.

RealityXP Garmin GTN 750/650 (XPlane)

Sotftware Version 2.5.15.0

GTN (v.6.50) for GTN 750

Aviation Trainer Launcher 2.3.1.0

My Computer System:

• Processor AMD FX-9370 Eight Core 4.42 GHZ
  • Installed RAM memory 16.0 GB
  • 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
  • Windows 10
  • Video Card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • X-plane 11.32 64bit

Hi,

can you please cross check the recommended posts in this discussion, then see whether anything similar may apply on your systems?

Finally it's working again!!

After multiple times re-installing I uninstalled all Garmin and RXP items. I cleaned the register with CCleaner.
Installed both GTN 650 and 750 and it works again.

Only difference with previous installation is that license is given to my email address where it previously showed my name.

But it works again!!! Happy with it!!

Jeroen

@heronimuz I'm glad you've resolved this issue in the end. I'm wondering what could have happened though. Do you mean the boot screen displays your email address instead of your name now?

1 hour ago, RXP said:

@heronimuz I'm glad you've resolved this issue in the end. I'm wondering what could have happened though. Do you mean the boot screen displays your email address instead of your name now?

Dear Jean-Luc,

I am not that technical that I know what the issue was. I guess something from my previous installation got stuck in the register. Uninstalling probably doesn't clean the register in general.
So uninstalling and reinstalling only wasn't enough. Maybe I previously installed to a custom folder and reinstalled to the standard folder. Maybe the register linked to the wrong folder?
I am only guessing, can't think of anything else. But at least cleaning the register did the trick for me.

And yes, when the screens boots (both 650 and 750) it previously showed my name and now it says that license is given to my email address. I would prefer my name in the display but hey if that's the only problem I can live with it.

Thanks for your support!

Jeroen

Edited by heronimuz

14 minutes ago, heronimuz said:

But at least cleaning the register did the trick for me.

Do you remember which registry keys where cleaned up?

4 hours ago, RXP said:

Do you remember which registry keys where cleaned up?

I will try to look it up. I also uninstalled P3D. I am flying VR mainly and I have managed to tune XP to a pretty good standard. I am really pleased with the current config.
I had difficulties tuning both simulators. When you dig into one of them you loose grip on the other one. At least I do.
So I spent most of my time on XP for a while which made me decide to uninstall P3D mainly for cleaning up purposes.
CCleaner needed to clean up more than 34.000 files from the register. It went so fast I could not keep up.
But i will check for a log file and let you know.

Best,

Jeroen