Sign in to follow this  
TheHoser11

I can see me BUT CANNOT See Online Traffic

Hello All,

I've searched this forum and google to find a solution, but so far NO JOY! I recently tried using LittleNavMap for my X-Plane 11 online flying (PilotEdge & Vatsim) and love the program, however I have yet to figure out how in the world to get online traffic in my vicinity to appear on the map. That being said, it doesn't matter what program I use NO online traffic appears so It's not just a LittleNavMap issue. It doesn't work with Plan-G and no traffic appears on my Reality XP GTN 750 either.

Is there a setting in X-Plane 11 I need to change for AI or Online traffic to appear in LittleNavMap?

So far I've tried the following:

1. Run LittleNavMap on same PC as X-Plane - No traffic, but my aircraft DOES appear.
  2. Run LittleNavMap on 2nd, "Client" PC using LittleNavConnect on X-Plane, "Server" pc. LittleNavConnect connects to x-plane just fine and my plane, again appears just fine on LittleNavMap on the Client pc, however NO online traffic is displayed even though I can see that traffic out my aircraft window.

the port as listed in LittleNavMap is open in my router and the firewall doesn't appear to be blocking anything, so I'm at a loss. Same setup works just fine with P3D.

Should LittleNavMap, or for that matter, any moving map be capable of displaying online traffic?

Thank you for your help.

23 minutes ago, Robert Edwards said:

Should LittleNavMap, or for that matter, any moving map be capable of displaying online traffic?

Yes it does BUT, you must first tell Xplane to display AI traffic.

4 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Yes it does BUT, you must first tell Xplane to display AI traffic.

Where is that in the settings? I can't seem to find the option then. Thank you.

I found the AI Traffic under aircraft customization, but that just adds a bunch of random X-Plane AI traffic.

@Robert Edwards Enable VATSIM traffic in the options dialog on tab "Online Flying" in LNM. This will show all VATSIM online aircraft and centers worlwide but only updated once in three minutes. Same for pilot edge but you have add a manual configuration.

To see online aircraft from VATSIM in LNM you have to use an online flying tool like VATSPY or something. This will inject the aircraft in the sim and LNM will display them. These will be updated in real time.

Alex

Wait what? I have to use VATSPY to "Inject" traffic into the sim? That doesn't make any sense. If I'm on the VATSIM the sim itself should be seeing the AI traffic which it clearly does because I can see it out my window. VATSPY does not inject any traffic at all, it simply displays it on the VATSPY map.

Yes, I can check the VATSIM option and I see that traffic updated every few minutes like you said, but I'm not seeing any LIVE traffic injected to the map from the Sim.

Maybe I misinterpreted what you are saying though.

Not sure VATSPY does this (maybe another of these online tools, no idea) but there are tools like X-IVAP that are needed that you can see the aircraft in the simulator which are then also visible the LNM. Or you stick with the three minute thing. The simulator itself cannot know the online aircraft.

Alex

14 hours ago, albar965 said:

Not sure VATSPY does this (maybe another of these online tools, no idea) but there are tools like X-IVAP that are needed that you can see the aircraft in the simulator which are then also visible the LNM. Or you stick with the three minute thing. The simulator itself cannot know the online aircraft.

Alex

Thank you for your help Alex - - this is very strange. Let's take PilotEdge for a moment though. The PilotEdge pilot client is injecting the AI traffic. I see it in the sim, outside my window, flying patterns, yet they do not show on LMN. So if the AI traffic is clearly there why is LMN not displaying it on the map?

In looking into it further it sounds like there may be a setting in PilotEdge I need to adjust so that it allows traffic to appear on moving maps. I'll have a go at that and see if I succeed. I definitely look forward to using LNM either way as it's a great program. Thanks again.

Edited by Robert Edwards

Well... this is becoming comical now... Has to be an X-Plane 11 setting I'm missing. I can not for the life of me get any online traffic to appear on any moving map on either PilotEdge or VATSIM, even though the aircraft are clearly visible outside my window.

P3D works just fine.

How Frustrating...

Edited by Robert Edwards

On 3/22/2019 at 5:48 AM, albar965 said:

Robert,

most important thing: Can you see the traffic on the default X-Plane map? If it is not visible there, it is not visible to LNM.

Alex

Hi Alex - - sorry for the late reply. I gave up and haven't had much of a chance to continue to troubleshoot. I'll see if the traffic is appearing on the x-plane map. I did manage to get it to work on my GTN750 somehow (no idea what button I pushed) but still not on LNM.

Hi Robert,

if you see the aircraft in X-Plane you should see them in LNM too.

is "Show AI and Multiplayer Aircraft" in menu "View" selected?

"Fetch AI or multiplayer aircraft" checked in the connect dialog?

Just want to rule out the obvious.

Alex

Me too... I'm sure a solution will present itself eventually. I'm not too worried about it at the moment since it's working with the GTN. Thank you again for your help.

All settings are set to display AI aircraft, but the AI aircraft do not appear in Little Navmap's map.

In the "View" menu of Little Navmap, "Show AI and Multplayer Aircraft" is checked, but greyed out.

Does that supply a clue?