Sign in to follow this  
TheHoser11

I can see me BUT CANNOT See Online Traffic

Solved my own problem:

Went to Main Menu -> Tools -> Flight Simulator Connection in Little Navmap.

It is there that one must check "Fetch AI and Multiplayer Aircraft" in order for AI or, in my case, LiveTraffic, aircraft appears on the map. Somehow had missed that step.

22 hours ago, jackaphonic said:

Went to Main Menu -> Tools -> Flight Simulator Connection in Little Navmap.

Glad its solved. I mentioned these two checkboxes above:wink:.

I'll add this to the FAQ.

Alex

Not sure if I'm the only one but still not working here. Any ideas would be appreciated

Windows 10 system
X Plane 11.33 (release version)
VATSIM connecting with X Squawkbox 1.3.3
LittleNavMap 2.2.4, Little XP Connect 1.0.14
I have disabled all other add on plugins (checked carefully).

I can see all VATSIM traffic out the window and on the X Plane internal map.
I can see my own aircraft in LittleNavMap.
Fetch AI or Multiplayer aircraft is checked ON.
Show AI and Multiplayer Aircraft is ON.
The Simulator Aircraft window AI/ Multiplayer tab in LittleNavMap says no AI or multiplayer aircraft found.

Stumped. I've had to be away from online flying for a bit but I thought it had been working fine with earlier versions of X Plane and LittleNavMap??

Thanks and thanks for a fantastic utility!

Thanks for the detailed report, @crii.

No idea what can be wrong there. The aircraft should be visible if you can see the aircraft in the X-Plane internal map.

LNM reads the multiplayer information from these data refs. You can check these If you have the dataref editor/viewer installed.

Can you see normal AI in LNM if enabled in X-Plane?

Edit: Can you see the orange online network aircraft on the map (the ones which are updated only every few minutes)? Is VATSIM enabled in the options dialog?

Alex

Edited by albar965
More questions

Thanks for the reply.

I also tried connecting with the VATSIM SWIFT client and get same result.

The sim/multiplayer/position/plane[x] DATA REFS appear to be correct when I watch them in Dataref Editor. They are populated with non-zero values.

X-plane generated AI shows correctly (white aircraft).

If I turn on VATSIM in the ONLINE tab the time delayed, network generated orange aircraft appear normally.

As far as I know all the VATSIM clients somehow suppress the XP native AI so they can replace it with the network traffic. May they are somehow suppressing the output of the datarefs??????? Just wild speculation.

Not really that big a deal anyway. I just thought that I remembered using it in the past?

Thanks for the report. There still might be a bug in LNM or some data is not filled properly (as happened in the past). Not sure. Will investigate more.

Alex

I'm in the same situation with X-IVAP. I can see the Orange planes (from the online source) but not the white ones from the sim.

If X-IVAP is DISABLED I see the white planes. (from X-Plane AI traffic)

If X-IVAP is ENABLED but NOT CONNECTED I don't see the white planes. (from X-Plane AI traffic)

If X-IVAP is CONNECTED I don't see the white planes and the datarefs seem not to be populated correctly.

This might be something about how the traffic is injected into the sim, and not related to LNM directly.

On 5/18/2019 at 8:38 AM, raptor2003 said:

If X-IVAP is DISABLED I see the white planes. (from X-Plane AI traffic)

If X-IVAP is ENABLED but NOT CONNECTED I don't see the white planes. (from X-Plane AI traffic)

If X-IVAP is CONNECTED I don't see the white planes and the datarefs seem not to be populated correctly.

Thanks for testing. Looks like I really need to have a closer look at this issue with X-IVAP. I opened an issue for 2.4 for tracking: https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/414

Alex

i found that Little Nav Map will not show VATSIM traffic if XPUIPC plugin is active.  Deactivate and it works fine.  However XPUIPC is needed for PlanG.

Malcolm

Thanks for the feedback, Malcolm. Good hint. Maybe there are conflicts with DLLs that are used by XPUIPC and Xpconnect. I'll check this later for the 2.4 release.

Does the X-Plane log.txt show any errors? Can you see messages about Xpconnect like the one below?

Loaded: /data/alex/Programme/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/Little Xpconnect/64/lin.xpl (ABarthel.LittleXpconnect.Connect).

Alex

I have a question relating to some lines above, DATA REFs in XPLane:

LNM is reading the mentioned data refs. Does that mean, that all these data refs have to be activated in XPlane-menu Data Output/ Dataref  ?
And if so, which IP-Adress and Port should i use?

I am flying with a private server (fsd) without whazzup-file. The connection is made with swift. 3 AI-Planes are activated.

In active session i can see my Co-Flyers in the XPlane-View. Th XPlane-Map shows 3 "freezed AI" also does LNM for a while. After 2-3 Minutes the AI disappear in LNM, no Co-Flyer from the swift-connection is shown.

I am searching so long to solve that problem, no success.

LNM does not show my Co-Flyers.

1 hour ago, fsspn said:

Does that mean, that all these data refs have to be activated in XPlane-menu Data Output/ Dataref  ?

No. There is nothing to activate. The network client software (SWIFT and others) either fills these or LNM cannot display the traffic if you do not use a whazzup -file.

LNM does rely on these datarefs. If you can see the planes in the X-Plane map you should see them in LNM too.

This is all a general problem in X-Plane. These datarefs are too limited and clients use other means to "inject" aircraft into the simulator which LNM cannot detect.

Alex

Just add that my LNM (2.67) shows AI traffic really well in MSFS, but never any multiplayer aircraft.

Do we need to run something similar to LittleXPconnect (+startup parameter)?

As ever, I'm so appreciative of LNM - it's superb!

Adam.

P.S. I may try "Join FS" ... whatever that is LOL!

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Hi Alex @albar965, and thank you for this amazing piece of software! I really love LNM.

I'm posting my similar issue/question here to avoid starting a new thread.

I use X-Plane with xPilot for VATSIM. I can see the Vatsim planes correctly in X-Plane, including their callsign labels.

I can see the same planes in LNM, in orange, but they don't have any labels. Just a number. So X-Plane is sending the planes and their positions, but not their Vatsim callsign (which gets displayed in XP).

If I turn on VATSIM planes in LNM, I see the red planes with the proper label (callsign, origin/destination), but they are duplicates of the orange planes coming from X-Plane. And they're not live updated. 

Is this a known limitation with X-Plane? Or should I enable any data feature to make sure that the callsigns get sent properly from X-Plane to LNM?

Many thanks!

Robert.