Sign in to follow this  
TheHoser11

I can see me BUT CANNOT See Online Traffic

Hi Robert,

3 hours ago, bertro514 said:

I can see the same planes in LNM, in orange, but they don't have any labels. Just a number. So X-Plane is sending the planes and their positions, but not their Vatsim callsign (which gets displayed in XP).

This is probably due to LNM not supporting the new X-Plane TCAS interface. I plan to add this in one of the next versions.

But this depends on the used network client. LNM can remove the slow aircraft if you configure the network client (X-IvAp?) to have matching callsign/registration.

See also here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/ONLINENETWORKS.html#simulator-and-online-aircraft-duplicates

3 hours ago, bertro514 said:

If I turn on VATSIM planes in LNM, I see the red planes with the proper label (callsign, origin/destination), but they are duplicates of the orange planes coming from X-Plane. And they're not live updated. 

They're updated every three minutes due to bandwidth limitations. VATSIM does not allow more often.

Alex

• Like 1

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

But this depends on the used network client. LNM can remove the slow aircraft if you configure the network client (X-IvAp?) to have matching callsign/registration.

See also here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/ONLINENETWORKS.html#simulator-and-online-aircraft-duplicates

Thank you so much, Alex!

My client for Vatsim is xPilot. It seems to be transmitting callsign data into X-Plane properly because I can see other aircraft's callsigns both visually and on the default X-Plane map. I couldn't find any other settings related to callsigns in xPilot that would "match callsign/registration".

So the issue seems to be that X-Plane cannot communicate that info to LNM. It sends the aircraft position, altitude, speed, everything except for the callsign it shows in the sim. I guess it has to do with the new TCAS interface you mentioned. I hope you have time to update that soon. 

Thank you again for all your work. LNM is absolutely amazing!

Will test this with xPilot once I get to work on the TCAS interface. Not sure if this includes a callsign/registration. Not even sure if xPilot does use this interface. Have to see.

Alex

• Like 1

Alex,
LNM is wonderful, but having the same issues as others:
I'm using X-Plane11.55, Win10 with PilotEdge network.
Like others before me, I see myself just fine, but even with all threads read thru and checkboxes correctly checked for fetching Multiplayers, I see no others of the online traffic.
I even thought to wait the 3 minutes, still no show.
Any help appreciated.
C

12 hours ago, WW3FlyingAce said:

Like others before me, I see myself just fine, but even with all threads read thru and checkboxes correctly checked for fetching Multiplayers, I see no others of the online traffic.
I even thought to wait the 3 minutes, still no show.

Did you check PilotEdge in the options on page "online flying"? Is AI in map display (menu "View")enabled?
You should at least see AI/multiplayer aircraft and an update every two or three minutes.

Regarding traffic from X-Plane: This is a hit and miss depending on tool. Stock AI does work but not all traffic and online tools.

Alex