Sign in to follow this  
ampharoah

XPlane triple Monitor network PC Connection Problem

Hello

I'm trialing Pilot2ATC with a view to purchase.

My big Gottcha is that the Pilot2ATC window will not sit on top when I run XPlane across my 3 screen system.

I have read threads here aimed at resolving this and implemented their "run across a Windows network" suggestions, but without success.

I have a Win 10 server PC running XPlane 11 and a Win 10 Workstation PC with Pilot2ATC installed.

I have XPUIPC installed on the Server and XPWideClient on the Workstation.

I have edited the servers XPUIPC.ini file with notepad and put my server PC's IP address in as Server Address = (checked that XPUIPC is in the Xplane plugins drop down)

I have placed the XPWideClient folder onto my desktop and edited the XPwideclient config with notepad,  in [Network Settings] inserting: the x-plane PC's IP address as Server and 'THIS PC' as the P2ATC PC IP address .

In Pilot2ATC I have setup a path to the Flight Plans folder on my XPlnae Server and can load these plans OK into Pilot2ATC on the Workstation.

I have also installed Multiplicity and can move my Server PC's mouse across the screens of both PCs no problem.

My problem is that when I Press 'Connect' in Pilot2ATC (which I run as Administrator), it won't connect and says "Simulator Disconnected" in the lower right hand box within Pilot2ATC

Others seem to have this working fine. What am I doing wrong please? Don't know where/how to tell Pilot2ATC where on the network to look for Xplane??

If I press Connect in a download of Pilot2ATC that I have installed on the Server PC, it connects just fine. But that wont sit on top in Full Screen mode of course.

P.S. I'm now getting a message from the Workstation copy of Pilot2ATC that "Alicense key can only be activated once for any PC and on a maximum of 1 PC. Please purchase a license. This was not happening previously??

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

Edited by ampharoah

Andrew,

Send me an email to admin@pilot2atc.com with your Activation key and I will look into the registration problem for you.  This should not happen if you are still within the 10 day trial.

Are you running XPWideClient as admin also?  Is it started and working before you try and connect?  Do you have some security settings on the P2A PC that might keep XPWideClient or P2A from accessing the LAN/Internet?

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
Clarify the registration issue.

Thanks Dave

I now have the trial back working.

Still cant connect tho. I have run XPWideClient as Administrator, its started and working prior to attempting to connect and i have I've checked that the network has no connection block for XPWideClient and Pilot2ATC, both Incoming and Outgoing.

Andrew

What version of XPUIPC and Wide Client are you using?  Another user reported several months ago that they were having issues with one of the newer versions.

Dave

XPUIPC 2.0.3.5

WIDECLIENT 2.0.0.3

Your 2.0.0.0 version still does'nt connect!

NOTE XPWideClient splash says UDP =0 per/sec

Andrew

Edited by ampharoah

Check that the windows workgroup name is the same on both PCs---they need to both be on the same net. 

You might also need to add the ServerName in the client ini file.

On several other forums I've see that users solved the problem with a reinstall of XP11 to the default location.  Don't know if that would help your situation.

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Andrew reported back that he got it working after much "fiddling" with the router settings....so if you have a similar issue, check the router.

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Its hard to pinpoint what actually resolved the problem for me.

I suggest that anyone experiencing the same problem installs XPUIPC v2.0.0.0 for BOTH XPUIPC and WideClient. Some later versions allegedly don't work.

Then press the reset button on your router. Ensure that Windows Defender or similar is not blocking connectivity with WideClient on both systems.

Note that if you see XPWideClient splash saying UDP =0 per/sec, this will not change until you have started XPlane on the server and loaded a flight/location.

perseverance = reward

Andrew