Sign in to follow this  
SledDriver

Microstutters, odd ground popups and WHEA-uncorrectable _error

As detailed above all air cooled, and very effective. CPU is delidded and that make a huge difference to the temperatures, lowering them by around 20degC and making air cooling a suitable choice even for overclocking.

I wouldn't expect voltages to transfer between chip generations. Dangerous assumption. 

I done all the Prime 95, Memtest86 and other tests again just recently and run them for many hours, and the PC is rock solid doing that stuff.

12 hours ago, SledDriver said:

So, all that said, what do you think is wrong with my overclock? I'm really all ears?

I am by far no overclocking expert, but you wrote that everything was fine for 15 months until you suddenly got issues with AVX. That is Why I thought it might be related to the cooling, as this is the only thing I could think of that decreases in performance over time... If temps are still ok, it might be related to the voltages... At which voltage do you run your 8700K? In my case, I also need an AVX offset of 2 for my 5.0GHz 8700K and it runs at 1.380V, which is very close to the Maximum that is still somewhat ok (obviously a bad sample in the silicone lottery). Means: you could try to give your CPU a notch more volts and this might enable to use again the lower offset.

However, as P3D does not AVX excessively (thanks for the comment, @kand), I would simply go with the higher AVX offset...

Edited by AnkH
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

However, as P3D does not use any AVX code (as far as I am aware, again no expert statement), I would simply go with the higher AVX offset...

P3d v4 does use AVX, when loading terrain I think. I have a similar problem with P3d on a watercooled 9700k at 5g all cores, have to run an AVX offset at 300mhz to throttle the CPU back, CPU oc runs fine on prime for hours but P3d..... 

• Upvote 1

Interesting subject. I've been getting occasional WHEA errors or BSoDs when the room is warmer (typical of these day, since down here were we'll have summer soon) but even so the core temps running P3D are not getting near throttle temperature (8700K 5 GHz). Since I have already tried bumping up CPU voltage and it made apparently no difference the only thing I suspect is causing it is temperature, whenever the room gets into the 30C region it will probably have issues. When I turn on the air conditioning and the room temps get down to the 25C region then it will be rock solid no matter what. But again I think this is kinda strange because the core temps will never get into the maximum region where it would throttle down the clocks, it just crashes prior to that.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

5 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Interesting subject. I've been getting occasional WHEA errors or BSoDs when the room is warmer (typical of these day, since down here were we'll have summer soon) but even so the core temps running P3D are not getting near throttle temperature (8700K 5 GHz). Since I have already tried bumping up CPU voltage and it made apparently no difference the only thing I suspect is causing it is temperature, whenever the room gets into the 30C region it will probably have issues. When I turn on the air conditioning and the room temps get down to the 25C region then it will be rock solid no matter what. But again I think this is kinda strange because the core temps will never get into the maximum region where it would throttle down the clocks, it just crashes prior to that.

Are you overclocked?

2 hours ago, molleh said:

Are you overclocked?

Yes, as mentioned above 5 GHz (HT OFF). I will try making this AVX offset thing.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto